ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received Approval Letter but out of state for more than 4 weeks

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Received Approval Letter but out of state for more than 4 weeks

Post by GoWentGone123 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:36 am

Hi guys, my friend received approval letter requesting to sign declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to state and pay fee etc but he is out of state and won't be back before deadline of 4 weeks.
What could possibly be the consequences of completing the declaration after 4 weeks or can it have any adverse effects. Thanks

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Received Approval Letter but out of state for more than 4 weeks

Post by Vorona » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:50 am

Please don't create a new topic for a query that can be covered in an existing one:

ireland/affidavits-for-approved-applica ... 11235.html

He will be asked to attend a ceremony at a later date.
Also he should inform ISD if he is away for more than 6 weeks.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:11 am

Thanks Vorono for your reply. I have read the thread that you have mentioned, i guess i have a different question. He won't be in state for these 4 weeks for sure and i'm looking for advice if someone had been in similar boat.
Did they still receive the naturalization certificate after completing the declaration, i mean if they completed after 4 weeks.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:23 pm

Can declaration be signed over video call if the local solicitor in Ireland is happy to verify or the person has to be in Ireland by all means? @littlerr

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:17 pm

You need to be present and sign the declaration in presence of a witness. The witness has to verify your identity and fill in the form as well.
As per letter that was included, if you do not return it in 4 weeks, you will have to attend a ceremony.
Attachments
ctzdf_Page_1.jpg
ctzdf_Page_1.jpg (276.6 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
ctzdf_Page_2.jpg
ctzdf_Page_2.jpg (171.88 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Signing via video call itself is fine, but that means you either you or your solicitor will have to send the paper to the other party so that both names can show up on the same form.

As long as both names can show up on the form, I can’t see INIS rejecting this (there’s no way for INIS to know whether they are signed on the same date anyway)…

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:36 pm

Thank you very much Vorono and Littlerr for your advice, very much appreciated.
I hope it's not going to be objectionable or considered fraudulent to sign declaration over videocall by INIS. Thanks again

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:43 pm

The problem that might occur is the witness may refuse to sign it and request the original passport to be shown or refuse to sign the declaration if it has already been signed because it must be signed by applicant in their presence. Try and see.

polarcub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by polarcub » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:02 pm

From a legal perspective signing over video call should be fine as long as they watch you sign it over camera (and then you mail it back to them for signing...there is a bit more logistics involved). The lawyer just has to be ok with it and do their due diligence to verify the identity of the person signing - possibly use a lawyer you already know.

During the pandemic signing over zoom has become more common practice across all aspects of life (at the discretion of the lawyer).

treefriend

Post by treefriend » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:34 am

Hey,

I am on same boat as you were. I have to travel to Pakistan on urgent basis. Can you please help to ans following questions based on your experience?

How long it took you to get it back?
Do you reckon I should seek if they can accept my declaration without the IRP card so that I can go back to Pakistan after submitting my IRP card?
Once naturalisation certificate is received, how did you apply for Irish passport when you were out of Ireland?

Thanks
Rahil

gimi
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gimi » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:58 pm

treefriend wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:34 am
Hey,

I am on same boat as you were. I have to travel to Pakistan on urgent basis. Can you please help to ans following questions based on your experience?

How long it took you to get it back?
Do you reckon I should seek if they can accept my declaration without the IRP card so that I can go back to Pakistan after submitting my IRP card?
Once naturalisation certificate is received, how did you apply for Irish passport when you were out of Ireland?

Thanks
Rahil
Hi Rahil,

May I ask you when you got your approval?

It usually takes 8 weeks to get citizenship certificate after sending declaration form but a member of my family got his certificate in 5 weeks.