ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First time passport application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hako
Turkey

Re: First time passport application

Post by hako » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:35 pm

kalyna wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:37 pm
Hi, can anyone advise if a stamp is required from a witness for online application Identity Verification Form? There seems to be no box for a stamp. I just find it unusual as paper application requires a stamp. Thanks
I just went to Garda station today and he only filled out the parts he needed. Signed and dated the paper and thats all. No stamp and there is no place for a stamp either.

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:08 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:44 pm
Gardai would know what to do. Regardless of whether it's a paper or online application, Gardai would always carry out the same checks and sign/stamp the application in the same way. I think they would place a stamp and put their name or Garda Number in that stamp - at least this was the case a couple of years ago. If you are in doubt, just have a quick call to your local Garda station.
Thanks for advice. I am in NI, so no Garda witnessing. Just wanted to make sure there is no more delays.

kalyna
Ukraine

Post by kalyna » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:08 pm

hako wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:35 pm
kalyna wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:37 pm
Hi, can anyone advise if a stamp is required from a witness for online application Identity Verification Form? There seems to be no box for a stamp. I just find it unusual as paper application requires a stamp. Thanks
I just went to Garda station today and he only filled out the parts he needed. Signed and dated the paper and thats all. No stamp and there is no place for a stamp either.
Thanks for sharing.

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:46 am

Can we use three Mobile bill for proof of address?

Meryembou
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Meryembou » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:18 am

luj608 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:12 am
Hello,

My application is stuck due to asking for "original" birth certificate, I try to reach out to them explaining the birth certificate they got is an original certified copy and it's legalized under Hague apostille.

Has someone else has their application stuck due to this?

I do not have an "original" , instead whenever you need one you register in the registrar office and they give you an exact copy certified by law.
Hi,
I am just wondering if you sorted it out and if the passport office accepted the certified copy from you. I am facing the same challenge. they keep asking for the original which I can't provide as my country of origin only issue certified copy

GIGPH
Ireland

Post by GIGPH » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:34 am

Hi Guys

Does anyone know the average current processing time ? The website says 8 weeks which is unrealistically high as the Department does not want people to follow-up with them but can anyone who has recently got a passport can share the info please ! From the date of receipt of documents till passport dispatch - how many days ? Thanks in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:58 am

GIGPH wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:34 am
Hi Guys

Does anyone know the average current processing time ? The website says 8 weeks which is unrealistically high as the Department does not want people to follow-up with them but can anyone who has recently got a passport can share the info please ! From the date of receipt of documents till passport dispatch - how many days ? Thanks in advance.
8 weeks is considered very quick. I haven’t seen anyone being able to get their passport in 8 weeks.

12 weeks is more realistic. Other people have just replied to you in the same thread a few weeks ago with the same number.

GIGPH
Ireland

Post by GIGPH » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:14 pm

littlerr wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:58 am
GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

8 weeks is considered very quick. I haven’t seen anyone being able to get their passport in 8 weeks.

12 weeks is more realistic. Other people have just replied to you in the same thread a few weeks ago with the same number.
Thanks literr. Maybe I was not clear with my point. So far we have seen 12 weeks lead time because there was a backlog and when they started processing from first week of May - they were supposed to clear most of the backlog in 8 weeks. So, the processing was slow because of backlog till now. The question is - Anyone who applied only in May this year has got passport already ?

GIGPH
Ireland

Post by GIGPH » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:16 pm

GIGPH wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:14 pm
littlerr wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:58 am
GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

Thanks literr. Maybe I was not clear with my point. So far we have seen 12 weeks lead time because there was a backlog and when they started processing from first week of May - they were supposed to clear most of the backlog in 8 weeks. So, the processing was slow because of backlog till now. The question is - Anyone who applied only in May this year has got passport already ?
Apologies ...correct name --littlerr

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:05 pm

8 weeks in INIS's time is more like 6 months in real life :)

UncleBud
United States of America

Post by UncleBud » Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:28 pm

GIGPH wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:16 pm
So far we have seen 12 weeks lead time because there was a backlog and when they started processing from first week of May - they were supposed to clear most of the backlog in 8 weeks. So, the processing was slow because of backlog till now. The question is - Anyone who applied only in May this year has got passport already?
I have not received my passport yet, but thought I'd add my timeline for reference since my application was received after the backlog.

Applied online using Passport Online: May 2021
Supporting documents officially received: 30 June
Estimated issue date according to website tracker: 29 July
Current status: "Processing Application"

So the estimate I was given was 21 working days (4+ weeks) instead of the 40 days (8 weeks) listed on the website. Based on what I've read on this thread, I realize that the estimate is likely to change and I'm prepared to just kick back and let the process take its course.

Tourin31
Newly Registered

Post by Tourin31 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi all,

My grandmother (born in Ireland) and mum (born in UK) have both applied for their first Irish passports. Think my grandmother's was a paper application so don't know the status, but here is the timeline of my mum's online application in case anyone finds it useful. It's still processing but will update when the status has changed.

Completed online application: 4/4/2021
Documents received: 4/6/2021
Estimated issue date: 6/7/2021

Based on earlier posts here I'm guessing the passport will be issued in the next couple of weeks.

I have also done a Foreign Birth Registration at a similar time, but guessing I won't hear anything for at least a year!

golmal
Newly Registered
India

Post by golmal » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:55 am

GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

My timeline is:

Applied online using Passport Online: 24 May 2021
Supporting documents officially received: 01 July 2021
Estimated issue date according to website tracker: 23 July 2021
Current status: "Processing Application" - per 07/07/2021 9:20 am update

amstillwaiting
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by amstillwaiting » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:06 am

Does it makes any difference to apply from the UK after the certificate is issued? Or are naturalized citizens expected to make the first application as resident in Ireland?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:32 am

amstillwaiting wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:06 am
Does it makes any difference to apply from the UK after the certificate is issued? Or are naturalized citizens expected to make the first application as resident in Ireland?
There is no difference, but you are expected to apply for a passport from your ordinary residence. So if you apply for a passport from the UK, you are essentially saying you now live in the UK. It is fine, but keep in mind that you should declare the intention to keep your Irish citizenship annually if you are not living in Ireland.

mon28
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mon28 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:51 am

GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

I was wondering the same has anyone who applied in June received the passport. I applied and documents on June 16th.

seancool

Post by seancool » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:31 am

golmal wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:55 am
GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

My timeline is:

I got a very optimistic timeframe from the website than you guys

Applied 15 Jun, Estimated Issue date is 13 Jul,,,, I prefer being told longer than being unrealistic lol

golmal
Newly Registered
India

Post by golmal » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:52 am

seancool wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:31 am
golmal wrote:
GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

My timeline is:

Applied 15 Jun, Estimated Issue date is 13 Jul,,,, I prefer being told longer than being unrealistic lol
What is the current status on online tracker?

Saab313
Ireland

Post by Saab313 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:40 am

Hi

First time passport as asylum seekers
I don't have Country Passport.

I do have Birth Certificate issue from my country.
Driving licence issue by Irish authority.

What documents should I submitted for First time passport application ?

Any help ?

selva957
Newly Registered

Post by selva957 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:20 am

seancool wrote:
golmal wrote:
GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

My timeline is:

All these posts from new applicants are getting me worried !!

I made an online application on the 4th of January 2021, but did not send my documents off until 25th may (due to lockdown). Documents were officially received on the 30th of May.
When I check the status of my application, the tracker tells me "On hold, pending receipt of documentation" !! (last checked on the 8th of July)
A webchat (30th of June) told me that the Passport office were still working through the backlog...

Is anybody else with an old application still waiting for their passport ??

seancool

Post by seancool » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:54 pm

golmal wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:52 am
seancool wrote:
golmal wrote:
GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

My timeline is:

It says Your application is being processed, and the bar is reaching the end, but they say it doesn't mean anything lol

polarcub
Mood:
Ireland

Post by polarcub » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:41 pm

re Garda witnessing: When getting the garda form signed you need to take your original cert and a passport with you.

A piece of info I did not come across until I went into the garda station and they told me.

Chap1122
Zimbabwe

Post by Chap1122 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:49 pm

They see proof of identity but didn't ask me original certificate.

Anyone on this group from Pakistan who have got passport? wondering if they asking for any other documents which hasn't been mentioned on the website.

raptortx2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by raptortx2020 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:21 am

seancool wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:54 pm
golmal wrote:
seancool wrote:
golmal wrote:
GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

My timeline is:

It says Your application is being processed, and the bar is reaching the end, but they say it doesn't mean anything lol
Its the same for me with Tracking. but realistically it's not right.

My timeline:
Applied for Passport on 16 June
Documents accepted on 21 June
Application status: Your application is being processed - Estimated* issue date
13/07/2021
But Current average turnaround times in website shows 40 Working Days for First time applicants
So it should be around 2 months wait irrespective of what the Passport Tracking shows.
I hope i will get it in August!!

golmal
Newly Registered
India

Post by golmal » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:34 am

raptortx2020 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:21 am
seancool wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:54 pm
golmal wrote:
seancool wrote:
golmal wrote:
GIGPH wrote:
Hi Guys

My timeline is:

Its the same for me with Tracking. but realistically it's not right.

My timeline:
Applied for Passport on 16 June
Documents accepted on 21 June
Application status: Your application is being processed - Estimated* issue date
13/07/2021
But Current average turnaround times in website shows 40 Working Days for First time applicants
So it should be around 2 months wait irrespective of what the Passport Tracking shows.
I hope i will get it in August!!

Any update on the tracker?