ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding tier 2 visa application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mwadhva9
Newly Registered
India

Regarding tier 2 visa application

Post by mwadhva9 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:05 am

Hi. I need to apply for my tier 2 visa and I am a physiotherapist by profession and have been offered a job in a private company.

While applying for my visa will I come under health and care worker visa? As health and care worker mentions you should be offered a job in NHS, companies providing services to NHS or in adult social care but my company is not associated with NHS.

So if anyone could please guide me in understanding that if I fall in shortage and if I can apply for health and care worker visa or the general category?

Also if my employer does not class me in shortage as they do not provide NHS services will it cause any problem in my visa application?

Any help would be really appreciated.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Regarding tier 2 visa application

Post by manci » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:41 pm

mwadhva9 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:05 am
have been offered a job in a private company.
Does this company have a Skilled Worker sponsor licence?
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

mwadhva9
Newly Registered
India

Post by mwadhva9 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:35 pm

Yes they do have a skilled worker sponsor license. Thank you for your reply

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:07 pm

mwadhva9 wrote:
So if anyone could please guide me in understanding that if I fall in shortage and if I can apply for health and care worker visa or the general category?
Physiotherapist are on the shortage occupation list, SOC Code 2221. However, as your prospective employer is a private company which doesn't provide services to the NHS the job doesn't make you eligible for a health and care visa. Re. which employers can sponsor health & care visas see:
https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/your-job

You must have a job offer from:

* the NHS
* an organisation providing medical services to the NHS
* an organisation providing adult social care
Read the guidance to see a full list of eligible employers.

mwadhva9 wrote:
Also if my employer does not class me in shortage as they do not provide NHS services will it cause any problem in my visa application?
As they have a SW sponsor licence the prospective employer can sponsor you as a physiotherapist and they have no choice about whether the job is a shortage occupation or not - it is in the rules that it is at the present time.

When preparing your visa application make sure NOT to apply for a health & care visa otherwise the application will be rejected or refused.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice