ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV dependants 5 years qualifying period for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

portosru
Newly Registered
Russia

GTV dependants 5 years qualifying period for ILR

Post by portosru » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:57 am

I am switching to GTV from Tier2 (general), which started in Feb 2020. I also was on Tier4 (student) for 5 years before Tier2. All that time my dependants were in the UK with their TIer2 dependant and Tier4 dependant visas respectively.
The question: If I apply for ILR in Feb 2023 (after 3 years on GTV fast track), would the continuous residency period for dependants include the time they spent on Tier4 visa into the 5 years required for them to qualify for ILR?
Would appreciate your response with clarifications on this situation.

portosru
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: GTV dependants 5 years qualifying period for ILR

Post by portosru » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:56 pm

I mean, can the Dependants apply for their ILR together with me after having spent 3 years with GTV and Tier2 dependant visas and combine their 2 years on the Tier4 Dependant visas for the qualifying 5 years.
The appendix says "GT 30.1. The applicant must have spent a continuous period of 5 years in the UK with permission as a dependent partner of the person (P) in GT 27.1."
Would this mean that period spent with Tier4 Dependant visa can be counted in the 5 years?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:29 pm

Yes. As long as their last leave was under GT visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

portosru
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by portosru » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:57 pm

Thank you for the response!
Much appreciated!