ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Council House while on ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nasmc92
Mood:

Council House while on ILR

Post by nasmc92 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:36 am

Asking for a friend. Please advise

My friend is on ILR, can she apply for council house ?

She has already applied ILR for her husband and daughter and decision is still pending.. will it effect ?

She also have two more kids who have british passport and born in UK…

So only clarification is required l.. if she apply council house will it affect the ILR application which was applied 3 weeks ago for her husband and daughter who is 12 years Old

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Council House while on ILR

Post by JB007 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:56 pm

nasmc92 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:36 am
Asking for a friend. Please advise

My friend is on ILR, can she apply for council house ?
"Those granted indefinite permission to remain will be entitled to access services and publicly funded benefits on the same basis as a UK national, unless they have been granted leave subject to a maintenance undertaking. "

Page 10
Public Funds
Migrant access to public funds,including social housing, homelessness assistance and social care

Details

Immigration staff guidance for how to make decisions about what UK public funds foreign nationals can claim and what action it must take if they claim funds they are not entitled to.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/public-funds

nasmc92 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:36 am
So only clarification is required l.. if she apply council house will it affect the ILR application which was applied 3 weeks ago for her husband and daughter who is 12 years Old
Page 20 of the same link above.

nasmc92
Mood:

Post by nasmc92 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:09 pm

I am sorry but your reply has made me more confuse

I appreciate that you have mentioned the links but it has put me in more doubt if she can really apply council house while she is on ILR and other members of family has recently applied ILR and decision is pending

nasmc92
Mood:

Post by nasmc92 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:03 am

Anyone please

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:48 am

nasmc92 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:09 pm
I am sorry but your reply has made me more confuse

I appreciate that you have mentioned the links but it has put me in more doubt
Did you read the quote above from page 10 from the Home office staff guidance and the few lines on page 20? It's very clearly written and answers your question.

It's better than taking the work of strangers on the internet because it's the visa holders who are the ones that have to make sure they do not take what they are not allowed.