ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brc under EUSS.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kirstybutler05
Newly Registered
India

Brc under EUSS.

Post by kirstybutler05 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:42 am

Hi there,
So I have an Indian passport, I have been leaving here for 8 years and have my biometric residence card too. I have heard that after 30 June 2021 the biometric card will no longer be valid. Mine expires in 2029. Do I need to update it under EUSS. I have heard different things from people so not sure what to do. Also if i apply to update the card, I am applying for a job at the moment how do I prove I have right to work? Since card won’t be valid soon

Help would be really appreciated!

Thanks
Kirsty

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Brc under EUSS.

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:50 am

Have you applied for Settled Status?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:54 am

Silly question: Are you the family member of a EU citizen?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kirstybutler05
Newly Registered
India

Post by kirstybutler05 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:44 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:50 am
Have you applied for Settled Status?
Hiya,
Yes I have already received my settled status

kirstybutler05
Newly Registered
India

Post by kirstybutler05 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:45 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:54 am
Silly question: Are you the family member of a EU citizen?
Yes, my dad has a Portuguese passport

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:25 pm

kirstybutler05 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:42 am
I have heard that after 30 June 2021 the biometric card will no longer be valid. Mine expires in 2029.
If you are referring to a EEA Residence Card, these are valid until the expiration date that is printed on them.

(although I'm not sure how you can have a EEA RC valid until 2029, since they are usually valid for 5 years???).
Do I need to update it under EUSS.
Not unless its printed expiration date is approaching.
I have heard different things from people so not sure what to do.
The Home Office created a huge confusion by changing twice the validity date of the cards.

First, it was announced card would be valid until December 31st 2020.
Later on, it was announced that the cards would now be valid until June 39th 2021.
Further later on, it was announced that cards would be valid until their printed expiration date (mostly because they realised everyone was rushing to apply to convert cards and the Home Office could not cope with the volume of applications).

These are not rumours, these were actual official messages published on the website for EEA Residence Cards. Hence the confusion.
Also if i apply to update the card, I am applying for a job at the moment how do I prove I have right to work?
The official method is via this website: https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Your employer might still accept old EEA cards, since they would still be valid.

If you see you have difficulty proving your right to work to employers via the website (but you shouldn't, they should accept your electronic status as proof of your right to work), then that might be an actual reason for you to apply and change your card. :idea: (but it will take time due to the bottleneck)
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kubus

Post by kubus » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:12 am

Hi @Kamoe,
Just to point out, permanent resident card issued to non EEA national under EEA rules are valid for 10 years. Got my in 2016 and it expires in 2026.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:38 am

kubus wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:12 am
Hi @Kamoe,
Just to point out, permanent resident card issued to non EEA national under EEA rules are valid for 10 years. Got my in 2016 and it expires in 2026.
Oh I see. Thanks for clarifying.

(Obviously I meant June 30th above not June 39th. :) )