ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 PCN in last 3 years, is that an issue?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

underfire222

2 PCN in last 3 years, is that an issue?

Post by underfire222 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:53 am

Hello,

Question as regards British Citizenship application following completing one year on ILR.

If one has 2 Penalty charge notices with in the last 3 years. One was for driving in a bus lane in 2019, the PCN was for £130 reduced to £65 for early payment.
Second one this month and was due to forgetting to pay the Dart Charge for passing the Dartford tunnel. PCN was £70 reduced to £35 for early payment.
No penalty points on the licence

The 2021 Nationality Guide mentions this:

You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the UK. These include road traffic offences.
Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result
• you received 3 or more fixed penalty notices at any level
• in the past 3 years you received 2 or more fixed penalty notices, at least one
of which was at the upper levels (fine of £200 or more).

So based on the above, Do I need to mention these 2 PCN in my application? and If mentioned will that cause me any issues in approving my application?

Thanks

bluebird12
Pakistan

Re: 2 PCN in last 3 years, is that an issue?

Post by bluebird12 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:04 am

Hi underfire222,
I could not find the above mentioned details exact wording in the nationality Policy guidance documents, could you please refer me the link on the website ?

However, I have found similar details regarding PCN or fixed penalty notices in Good Character requirements (September 2021 ) which says multiple PCN or fixed penalty notices in a short period of time .

Markus2904
Mood:

Post by Markus2904 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:38 pm

I had 2 notices: 1 in 2012 - using mobile while driving and 1 in 2016 when i got caught speeding while in Chester 37 in a 30 zone... Thankfully in England you can attend an awareness course.

I reported both as suggested multiple times. It will most likely NOT decide your application but might be part of the Good Character requirements.

I would add them both...

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:22 pm

underfire222 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:53 am
Hello,

Question as regards British Citizenship application following completing one year on ILR.

If one has 2 Penalty charge notices with in the last 3 years. One was for driving in a bus lane in 2019, the PCN was for £130 reduced to £65 for early payment.
Second one this month and was due to forgetting to pay the Dart Charge for passing the Dartford tunnel. PCN was £70 reduced to £35 for early payment.
No penalty points on the licence

The 2021 Nationality Guide mentions this:

You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the UK. These include road traffic offences.
Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result
• you received 3 or more fixed penalty notices at any level
• in the past 3 years you received 2 or more fixed penalty notices, at least one
of which was at the upper levels (fine of £200 or more).

So based on the above, Do I need to mention these 2 PCN in my application? and If mentioned will that cause me any issues in approving my application?

Thanks
No need to mention these PCNs.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

teddybear79

Post by teddybear79 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:58 pm

they never asked you to identify the driver :-) so these fines are on car on your personal name

underfire222

Post by underfire222 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:21 am

Thank you very much for replying everyone.

Just another quick follow up question. Today I suspect I may have been flashed by a red light camera , but I’m not sure. I already submitted my naturalization application last week online and due to have my biometrics appointment in the next 2 weeks.

If I do get a PCN/FPN for crossing a red light it will be a 100£ fine and 3 points on my license. I currently have no points on my license.

My question do I need to inform the homeowner office about that PCN/FPN if I get it although I already submitted my application? If so how do I inform them?

If I do get this red light ticket with 3 points on my license will that be an issue. I received a PCN in 2018 for driving in a bus lane (paid and no points, I mentioned it in my application) and a Dart crossing PCN which was canceled (no fine paid as it was my first time, therefore not mentioned in my application)

Thank you kindly for all your help and advice.