ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceptional Talent Visa Possible with Job Offer?

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MonaPhilip
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Exceptional Talent Visa Possible with Job Offer?

Post by MonaPhilip » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 am

Hi. I have secured a job in the UK and have been provided with a supporting letter. I have applied through the fast-track route and requesting an endorsement letter from The Royal Academy of Engineering. I am opting for the Exceptional talent category. However, now that I have applied I wonder if I can belong there? I just wanna know if it is possible or not.

Poppy30
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Exceptional Talent Visa Possible with Job Offer?

Post by Poppy30 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:25 pm

Hi Mona

Any luck on this. As I am also in similar situation & have a job offer from a UK Ltd company.

Regards

fredprvn
Newly Registered

Post by fredprvn » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:09 am

MonaPhilip wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:49 am
Hi. I have secured a job in the UK and have been provided with a supporting letter. I have applied through the fast-track route and requesting an endorsement letter from The Royal Academy of Engineering. I am opting for the Exceptional talent category. However, now that I have applied I wonder if I can belong there? I just wanna know if it is possible or not.
1. The secure job in the uk providing what sort of letter? Do you mean it is a Tier 2 COS?
2. What do you mean you can belong there after applying for the Exceptional Talent? Where?

Please make your points as clear as possible.

F

MonaPhilip
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by MonaPhilip » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:25 am

Poppy30 wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:25 pm
Hi Mona

Any luck on this. As I am also in similar situation & have a job offer from a UK Ltd company.

Regards
Hey! sorry I haven't logged into the forum in a long time. I hope you still find my answer helpful.

I actually applied for the Global Talent Visa under the Exceptional Talent route. I have a research job and they provided me with a supporting letter. My question was if I qualify for the Exceptional talent or promise category cos it's not very clear on the resources provided on the website.

I still don't know the answer to this but a lot of experienced people suggested to me that even with a research job you should apply under exceptional talent only if you have more than 3-5 years of experience. It's safer that way. And it doesn't really matter if you apply under exceptional talent or promise if your endorser is Royal Society of Engineering coz in both cases you can receive your ILR in 3 years. So why take the risk...

I hope it helps :)