ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Physical presence on the actual date 5 years before making the application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

greenhorntechie
Newly Registered
India

Physical presence on the actual date 5 years before making the application

Post by greenhorntechie » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi,

Good Evening

I have submitted my Naturalisation application in early April. I have received a response from HO Case Worker today with the below response.
Your application was received on 18 April 21, and so your qualifying period is from 19 April 16 to 18 April 21. As you were not in the United Kingdom on 19 April 16, this requirement is not met.

However, if you wish to send the attached copy of your submitted application form back to this address, we will be able to continue our consideration. Your application date will be the date that your re-declared application form is sent back to the email address"
I wasn't aware of this requirement when I initially submitted my application. Based on the above communication from HO CW, I have following questions i.e. whether the below combination of 1 and 3 is sufficient or whether I should go with 2 and 3?
  • 1. Should I simply reply to the email and attach the exact same submitted application PDF received from HO CW?

2. Alternatively, should I print the received PDF, sign with the date as 13th July 2021 and then attach the scanned copy of this new application form?

3. Will the below text be sufficient for my email response? Should I add / amend anything in this?
    I request you to consider my naturalisation application with new application date as 13 July 2021
I would be grateful if someone can clarify my above questions at the earliest.

TiA

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Physical presence on the actual date 5 years before making the application

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:17 pm

I would go for (2). Make sure you meet all the requirements on 14th July 2016 (you were physically in UK on that date and meet the residence requirements within the new qualifying period) if you redeclare your date as 13th July 2021. You have been lucky that CW gave you an option to redeclare the application date without refusing it.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

greenhorntechie
Newly Registered
India

Post by greenhorntechie » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Thanks Cullinan for the quick response. I am meeting all the required criteria with 13 July 2021 as the new application date.

In the PDF application copy received from the CW, the last page has the declaration with the following text:
Declaration

By sending this application, you confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief the following is correct:

• the information relating to the application
• the supporting evidence

Also, the application will be processed according to the privacy policy and terms and conditions.
If false information is given, the application will be refused and the applicant may be banned from the UK and
prosecuted.

l am the applicant

So, on this page, Is it ok if I simply sign it with the date as today before I scan? Or should I write some additional declaration text?

greenhorntechie
Newly Registered
India

Post by greenhorntechie » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:17 am

Any further thoughts on this please? I need to reply to HO CW today. So any further comments to my last email would be helpful.

Thanks

Layla511
Newly Registered

Post by Layla511 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:18 pm

greenhorntechie wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:56 pm
Hi,

Good Evening

I have submitted my Naturalisation application in early April. I have received a response from HO Case Worker today with the below response.
Your application was received on 18 April 21, and so your qualifying period is from 19 April 16 to 18 April 21. As you were not in the United Kingdom on 19 April 16, this requirement is not met.

However, if you wish to send the attached copy of your submitted application form back to this address, we will be able to continue our consideration. Your application date will be the date that your re-declared application form is sent back to the email address"
I wasn't aware of this requirement when I initially submitted my application. Based on the above communication from HO CW, I have following questions i.e. whether the below combination of 1 and 3 is sufficient or whether I should go with 2 and 3?
  • 1. Should I simply reply to the email and attach the exact same submitted application PDF received from HO CW?

2. Alternatively, should I print the received PDF, sign with the date as 13th July 2021 and then attach the scanned copy of this new application form?

3. Will the below text be sufficient for my email response? Should I add / amend anything in this?
    I request you to consider my naturalisation application with new application date as 13 July 2021
I would be grateful if someone can clarify my above questions at the earliest.

TiA

You do not need to send a PDF file. It is enough to send the short text that you wrote.

greenhorntechie
Newly Registered
India

Post by greenhorntechie » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:10 pm

Thank you Layla!