ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch to new employer on Skilled Worker visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ravin9889

Switch to new employer on Skilled Worker visa

Post by ravin9889 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:56 am

Hi,

They say that you should only resign after getting an answer on new application. But how does that work? Doesn't your old visa get cancelled when your new application is approved? If so, how do you serve your notice period?

I am expecting my potential new employer to assign me a CoS this week and my offer letter has a starting date of 30th August. They are happy to wait if there is a delay of couple of weeks in my joining. Can you please guide me with dates on when should I apply for a new visa and when should I resign from my current job? I am happy to file the new visa application with super priority service to get an answer next day if possible.

ravin9889

Re: Switch to new employer on Skilled Worker visa

Post by ravin9889 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:59 am

Please note I have a one month notice period to serve with my current employer.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:22 pm

ravin9889 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:56 am
They say that you should only resign after getting an answer on new application. But how does that work?
Who does say that? You can resign from your current job at any time you want to.

The usual recommendation is waiting for the approval email from the HO, but it is not a must follow rule.

When you make a new application for leave to remain, you can continue in your current employment until the start date of your new job, as stated on your CoS. You also can start your new job at a later date (within reason) if agreed with your new employer.

ravin9889

Post by ravin9889 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:23 pm

Thanks for your reply. Good to know that we can work out our notice period on new visa.