ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multi country travel

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Multi country travel

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:17 pm

A uk born child does not need ilr if you plan on registering the child as British
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sachink0201
India

Post by sachink0201 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:45 pm

Thank you CR001.

That’s why I don’t understand the query from caseworker. Language below:

(“ As part of our duty of care to children in the UK.

Please can you clarify why your dependant child has not been included on this application.”)

Maybe we should have stated in cover letter that we will apply his MN1 registration once we (parents) get ILR.

Do you know why would caseworker ask this question?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:51 pm

Does the UK born child have a visa at the moment?

UKVI asking about a child is to do with child protection and safeguarding.

They only ask about children they know of and who have a visa and are not applying with parents for ilr etc. So how does UKVI know about the UK born child?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sachink0201
India

Post by sachink0201 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:58 pm

This UK born child is the one for birth of whom main applicant was on maternity leave. As I stated, maternity proofs (birth certificate, maternity certificate, employer letter etc.) were provided and those should be ok. This is how HO knows about this child.

This UK born child (4 month old) is not on any visa at the moment. He has birth certificate and we are in process of applying his Indian passport. And once our ILR is done, we will do his MN1 registration.

So, based on above - will caseworker be ok in approving ILR assuming other elements of applications are ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:05 pm

The child doesn't need an Indian passport to apply for citizenship. Child loses their Indian citizenship once they become British anyway.

The UK born child issue won't have any effect on the ilr application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sachink0201
India

Post by sachink0201 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:09 pm

Thank you CR001 🙏 Fingers crossed.

Given that we have responded to their query with in 30 min today and the fact that it is a Super Priority application and assuming other elements of applications have no problems, can we expect a decision tomorrow?

I know it’s not guaranteed but what does experience say?

sachink0201
India

Post by sachink0201 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Any view on this?
sachink0201 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:09 pm

Given that we have responded to their query with in 30 min today and the fact that it is a Super Priority application and assuming other elements of applications have no problems, can we expect a decision tomorrow?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:45 am

sachink0201 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:09 pm

From other applicants, experience says no guarantee you can only hope for the best.

sachink0201
India

MN1 registration for infant

Post by sachink0201 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:56 pm

Thanks a lot to this forum for the assistance re ILR guidance. We received our ILR! 🙏

Now is the next stop that is registering our infant child (5 months) as BC through MN1.

He doesn’t have an Indian Passport. We didn’t apply for it. He has birth certificate and of course we as his parents have our proofs such as passports, ILR BRPs etc.

1. The document checklist seems to ask for his passport. Do we need to apply passport first or we can do MN1 without passport? I’d like to skip India passport if possible.

2. The document checklist is asking for a referee that has worked with him professional capacity. What if Doctor and Health worker doesn’t agree to become referee? We are requesting them but from what I know they don’t agree generally.

Thanks a ton again 🙏

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Your ilr topic and ilr sub forum is not relevant to citizenship questions.

Post in the correct forum please, link below.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)