ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker - Resigned Before Visa Decision Worried

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iSolaced
Newly Registered

Skilled Worker - Resigned Before Visa Decision Worried

Post by iSolaced » Thu May 20, 2021 10:16 pm

I'm on a T2 visa and switching jobs to a new employer who has submitted a sponsorship application for a Skilled Worker Visa. They have issued a CoS and I have a biometric appointment scheduled for early June. The visa application is under Change of Employment - ISC Liable.

Given how long my notice is, I decided to resign early at my current job, but I'm having a lot of regret and fear about it. I know I should have waited for my visa to be approved prior to resigning from my current job and kicking myself for not doing the smart, cautious thing. While I know the visa will be more or less good, I'm terrified of getting rejected for any reason and being forced to leave the UK, where it's been home for the last 3 years. I'm tempted to go back to my current employer and rescind my resignation until the visa application is finalised.

Is anyone aware of the likelihood of rejection on a Skilled Worker visa? I meet all the conditions, scanned the applications that the lawyers did on my behalf and all the information is correct, it's quite similar to my previous T2 application. The lawyers advised it's a strong application and if they were in my shoes, there'd be nothing to worry about, but I can't help but worry about the chance of something going wrong.

urbandude
India

Re: Skilled Worker - Resigned Before Visa Decision Worried

Post by urbandude » Fri May 21, 2021 7:07 pm

In my opinion, that's the normal anxiety that most people go through while their application is in process. But mostly (99.9%) outcome is positive.

If you think to stay with current employer then it might be issue if your current application approved and old visa will be cancelled automatically. So be positive and wait.

DESERTONE
Newly Registered
India

Post by DESERTONE » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:14 am

Hi
Did your visa get approved ? I am in a similar situation…. Have resigned and my last work day is 15 July with my current employer. I applied on 8 May 2021. Not heard from the home office yet. Worried now ☹️

ravisha
Newly Registered

Post by ravisha » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:20 pm

Hi,

Did you apply for priority service ?

ravin9889

Post by ravin9889 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:53 am

They say that you should only resign after getting an answer on new application. But how does that work? Dosn't your old visa get cancelled when your new application is approved? If so, how do you serve your notice period?

NikhilSen
Newly Registered

Post by NikhilSen » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:36 am

Hi,

I'm exactly in the same situation.

I have my Tier 2 ICT valid until January 22.
Now trying to switch into skilled worker.

New employer is ready to sponsor and initiate the Visa 3 months in advance to allow me to serve the notice period with my ICT employer.

And they recommend I get the skilled worker Visa first with express/fast track payments in next 15-20 days before
resigning with ICT employer.

But, need to serve 3 months notice period with them. Can I serve the notice period within the UK whilst having the earlier Visa already terminated?

Note my effective work start date isn't until 3 months. But I gathered the old one gets void as soon as we get decision on skilled worker Visa.

How does this work?? :(
Does the ICT still hold valid until start date of new Visa even though issued 2 months in advance?

Any advise is highly appreciated.