ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling while UK passport is being processed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

noconclusion
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Travelling while UK passport is being processed

Post by noconclusion » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:26 pm

Hi

sorry if a similar question has already been posted but I can't seem to find anything.

I am a dual British-Italian citizen - I recently received my Naturalisation certificate, applied for my first UK passport, confirmed my identity. I am now at the point where I need to send my Italian passport together with my Naturalization certificate to the Passport office for processing.

I might need to travel to Italy in a couple weeks, and I was wondering if I could face issues while returning to the UK using my Italian ID card. In theory, if I was not a dual national, I am aware I could use the ID card at least until 2025 (I had EUSS before becoming a British citizen).

Thank you -