ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS FP Dependency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SCHWAN01
Newly Registered
Spain

EUSS FP Dependency

Post by SCHWAN01 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi

So long story short I am an EU citizen living in the UK with pre-settled status and my mum (also EU citizen) has decided she would want to come live with me. I have read that guidance says from 1 July dependence is no longer assumed and needs to be proved however the gov.uk for the EUSS FP application keeps saying that if the sponsor is over 18 there is no need to prove it. My question really is whether there is any chance they will approve EUSS FP for her without dependency?

In an ideal world we would have applied before the 1st of July but because of COVID restriction I have not had a chance to go back to my country and request all the necessary documents (birth certificate etc) plus there was a very upsetting death for us last December which kinda made us postpone thinking about this.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is what the gov.uk page says for reference:

Evidence if you’re a dependent child, grandchild, parent or grandparent
You’ll have to provide evidence that you’re related to your family member, such as a birth certificate.

You’ll also have to show that you are dependent on them if:

you’re over 21 and a dependent child or grandchild of your family member
your family member was under 18 on 31 December 2020 and you’re their dependent parent or grandparent
If you lived in the UK by 31 December 2020, you must show you were dependent on your family member by that date. If you join your family member after this date, you’ll need to show you were dependent on them at the date you apply.

If you’re a dependent parent, and the family member you’re joining is under 18, you’ll need to give evidence of your dependency on them.

Obie
Ireland

Re: EUSS FP Dependency

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:14 pm

The immigration rules needs dependency to be proved at initial application and not subsequently.
From 1st July, there is no more presumed dependency.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors