ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Left UK without BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Left UK without BRP

Post by cliftonianbristol » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:56 pm

We left UK for holidays and my wife left her BRP in the UK.

What can we do?
We are in a bit of a panic!!

and she has a USA passport -- doesn't normally need visa.. Can she just enter the country? After all the BRP card is at home.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Left UK without BRP

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:06 pm

I do not see an issue as she is a non-visa national. If she enters using E-gates at one of the airports (she does not need a BRP) she will be admitted as a resident given she has a valid BRP. But sometimes E-gates may not be available or may not work. So It is very important for her to be admitted as a resident. Do you have a copy of her BRP ? If you end up at an IO desk, she needs to say she has a valid BRP
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

cliftonianbristol
Turkey

Post by cliftonianbristol » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:11 pm

Thanks.
Yes, we have a scan of the BRP.

Can we then go through via manned gates?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:53 pm

cliftonianbristol wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:11 pm
Thanks.
Yes, we have a scan of the BRP.

Can we then go through via manned gates?
She can go through E-gates
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:50 pm

I haven’t been in the airports for a while now… but are E-gates working at all? How do they do these checks of the Covid forms and quarantine requirements?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:39 pm

iwolga wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:50 pm
I haven’t been in the airports for a while now… but are E-gates working at all? How do they do these checks of the Covid forms and quarantine requirements?
I went through Gatwick recently and E-gates were working as normal. No one checked anything :lol: