ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application Query-2021

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prss_vel83
India

Naturalisation Application Query-2021

Post by prss_vel83 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:12 pm

Dear All,

I prepared the naturalisation application in March 2020 and put it on hold because of Covid 19 scenario. I am applying now for myself and my child 8 years old. I have the following query, can you please help me.

1. Last time in 2020 when I filled the naturalisation application form for my child, it was requested to submit the child references from NHS or school teacher. This time when I submitted my application it didn't ask from the teacher or NHS. Am I missing something or the system changed now?

2. I provided my friend same references for both myself and my child. I hope it is fine. Please confirm.

3. A letter of consent from the child's parent(s) or legal guardian(s). Can you help me if we have any letter format for this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

prss_vel83
India

Re: Naturalisation Application Query-2021

Post by prss_vel83 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Dear All,

I found out the answer to my first question. It is mentioned in the referee form it should be from NHS or Teachers for child application.

Please help with the other 2 questions.

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:09 pm

2, you need one professional reference for each of you. It could be same person who is professionally involved. 2nd one, any british citizen should be fine.

3, You can make your own consent letter(just nameof parents with passport number and agree/consent for registration of your son including his/her name) and sign both parents at the bottom.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:33 pm

Thank you.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:04 pm

Dear All,

I submitted my application online. I have a below query can you please help me.

1. I have been requested to attend UKVCAS. Will they take my original passport and BRP card during this appointment? If yes, it means I can't travel till I receive it.

2. In the document requested list, there are no address proof or bank statement requested. Is it not required for the naturalisation process?

3. I am planning to travel in December 2021 for a month to India using my Indian passport. If I received an approval and ceremony invitation letter by December. Within how many days I must attend the ceremony please?

I appreciate your suggestion on question 3.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:08 pm

1. No.

2. Not required.

3. Book ceremony within 21 days of receiving invitation letter and attend within 60 months (usually 90 days).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:14 pm

Thanks for your response.

Is it mandatory to book the ceremony within 21 days or 6 months, please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:14 am

prss_vel83 wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:14 pm
Thanks for your response.

Is it mandatory to book the ceremony within 21 days or 6 months, please?
BOOK within 21 days of receiving apprival/inviyation and ATTEND within 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FloweringBud
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by FloweringBud » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:01 am

prss_vel83 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:04 pm
I am planning to travel in December 2021 for a month to India using my Indian passport. If I received an approval and ceremony invitation letter by December. Within how many days I must attend the ceremony please?
Please note that if you do get approval on/before Dec 2021 and take your ceremony on/before Dec 2021, then you would officially become a Citizen upon completion of your ceremony and would need to apply for a passport which can take up to 6 weeks, but I have seen on the passport thread it has been quite fast in the last few weeks with waiting times of 1-2 weeks, but this could change leading up to the Christmas period. It is my understanding that after attending your ceremony, your foreign visas/permits will be invalid.

In the GOV uk website it says: https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-in ... ertificate

After you get your certificate
You must send your biometric residence permit (BRP) back to the Home Office within 5 working days of getting your certificate of British citizenship [...]

Travelling to and from the UK
Once you have a British passport you must use this to enter the UK.

If you do not want a British passport you can apply for a certificate of entitlement instead.

You cannot enter the UK using your BRP or certificate of British citizenship.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:52 pm

Thanks a lot for your input.

Can you please help me with the below query on documentation?

1. Regarding child referee, I connected with GP and teacher but they refused to sign it. GP replied and mentioned clearly they no longer sign for naturalisation. Can I submit the below-covering letter along with the email from GP?

Xxxxxxx
24-July-2021
UK Visa and Immigration
Dear Sir/Madam,
Subject: Child Referee
I was chasing for my child (xxx) professional referee however, I couldn’t get it. I contacted my child GP as well as the school. They responded that they no longer sign for naturalisation. I attached the GP email response with this letter for your reference.
I arranged an alternative referee and submitted it along with my child naturalisation application. Thanks.

Yours faithfully
yyy

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:21 pm

Please don't quote addresses - mods will delete!

Your letter should be ok - UKVI are aware that applicants are having issues with referees not willing to provide their details. GPs I believe have been removed from accepted professions anyway (for adults anyway).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:54 am

Thanks a lot for your response.

Regarding document submission in the UKVCAS website, I have current valid Indian passport and an old expired Indian passport. Do I need to upload both these passports, please?