ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further reassurance required about dates + bank details for renewal of spousal visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

someguyIguess
Newly Registered

Finalising Spousal Visa renewal - just want to confirm a couple of things

Post by someguyIguess » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:33 pm

The following are my understanding, but could have disastrous consequences if I'm wrong so let me double check:

1. Finding letters for the whole period since visa of us living together - the 'spread evenly' doesn't have to be taken too anally, does it? The longest distance between two letters would be 8 months for one of us or 6 months for both of us. Putting in 16 letters in total just in case some of the sources ruled not ok.

2. I *do* still have to bother going to the bank and argue with them for a while to get them to stamp statements

3. No longer any need to bother faffing around getting photos, whatsapp logs etc and all that other invasive stuff that had to do for the initial application

4. A photocopy of my British passport will be fine for proof of my citizenship and right to live in the UK

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Finalising Spousal Visa renewal - just want to confirm a couple of things

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:27 pm

someguyIguess wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:33 pm
The following are my understanding, but could have disastrous consequences if I'm wrong so let me double check:

1. Finding letters for the whole period since visa of us living together - the 'spread evenly' doesn't have to be taken too anally, does it? The longest distance between two letters would be 8 months for one of us or 6 months for both of us. Putting in 16 letters in total just in case some of the sources ruled not ok.

2. I *do* still have to bother going to the bank and argue with them for a while to get them to stamp statements No, online copies of statements in acceptable format suffices

3. No longer any need to bother faffing around getting photos, whatsapp logs etc and all that other invasive stuff that had to do for the initial application No need

4. A photocopy of my British passport will be fine for proof of my citizenship and right to live in the UK Scanned copy, not photocopy. Application, submission, presentation of supporting documents and evidence all electronic now.

someguyIguess
Newly Registered

Further reassurance required about dates + bank details for renewal of spousal visa

Post by someguyIguess » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:31 am

Hi,

The first appointment we've got to renew my wife's spousal visa is mid August, and "they" say that it takes aboutt 8 weeks. It runs out in September. I believe this is ok and won't be held against her, but please could you say it is (or it isn't, and if so what to do - I have seen there is a special covid email address but unsure if it applies).

Secondly, I've already asked here and someone said I'm ok but would appreciate it if someone else confirms it for certainty since I cannot see it explicitly stated (although it is implied) and ideally says where - downloaded bank statements will be fine for the sponsorship, I don't need to get them stamped?

someguyIguess
Newly Registered

Re: Further reassurance required about dates + bank details for renewal of spousal visa

Post by someguyIguess » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:35 am

Oh a third bonus question - the financial documents as of the application date will of course be up to end of June. That's fine or should I submit July/August ones too? I assume not and that would confuse things, but...

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Further reassurance required about dates + bank details for renewal of spousal visa

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:56 am

someguyIguess wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:31 am
Hi,

The first appointment we've got to renew my wife's spousal visa is mid August, and "they" say that it takes aboutt 8 weeks. It runs out in September. I believe this is ok and won't be held against her, but please could you say it is (or it isn't, and if so what to do - I have seen there is a special covid email address but unsure if it applies). So far you submitt the application before the expiration of current leave, it will not be held against her. Her rights remains same under Section 3C till a decision is made on the new application.

Secondly, I've already asked here and someone said I'm ok but would appreciate it if someone else confirms it for certainty since I cannot see it explicitly stated (although it is implied) and ideally says where - downloaded bank statements will be fine for the sponsorship, I don't need to get them stamped? Application has gone electronic and among other things HO accepts downloaded bank statements that has all the same features as posted statements.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:58 am

someguyIguess wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:35 am
Oh a third bonus question - the financial documents as of the application date will of course be up to end of June. That's fine or should I submit July/August ones too? I assume not and that would confuse things, but...
The financial document to be used should be within I.e. not older than 28days of the application submission date.