ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP - Tier 2 ICT to Skilled Visa query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gow95
Newly Registered
India

URGENT HELP - Tier 2 ICT to Skilled Visa query

Post by gow95 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:07 am

Hi,

I am currently in Tier 2 ICT visa valid until the end of 2022. In the meantime, I have got a new offer from different employer with skilled visa sponsorship with proposed start date as 24th June. The new employer have processed the skilled visa and I have received the skilled visa BRP in hand on 30th June with start date as 24th June 2021 valid until Dec'24.
Currently the Pre employment screening for new job is taking time and the employer have strictly advised not to inform my current employer until the PES is completed. The new employer have also confirmed that they will change the COS date to start of 1st September.
Currently my notice period is 1 month with my current employer, I am planning to resign by end of this month.

I would like to know will there be any problem working for my current employer until the end of August since as soon as I received my skilled visa my Tier 2 ICT would have been cancelled.

Your help and guidance on this is much appreciated.
guidance

gow95
Newly Registered
India

Re: URGENT HELP - Tier 2 ICT to Skilled Visa query

Post by gow95 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:46 am

Hi,

To add to the above question I was checking about the extension of COS start date and I found that the maximum the COS can be extended is by 28 days and not beyond that. In my scenario, the given COS start date is 24th June and the employer said they will change the start date to 1st Sep. Is that possible considering 28 days extension period or will they have to apply for new COS and new BRP again?

Thank You.