ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUFAM Expiring: Waiting for Passport from Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

EUFAM Expiring: Waiting for Passport from Citizenship

Post by raja.brit » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Hi all / littlerr,

Just want to know your thoughts please.

Applied for EU3 in February 2021 (dependent of UK Citizen) and awaiting decision. EUFAM( Stamp 4 Article 50 card now) is expiring beginning of September 2021.

Applied for Citizenship on May 31st 2021, application received 1st June 2021

I will get Stamp 4 extension from EU Treaty team by August 2021 as confirmed by EU Treat Team by email.

Hoping I dont get the Passport and Stamp 4 extension on time, following are my questions:

- If I get passport from Citizenship Team after the expiry of EUFAM, will it affect the permission of my dependent while waiting for EU3 decision?

- Am I correct to say that even I DONT get the Passport from Citizenship Team + Stamp 4 extension from EU Treaty Team after EUFAM expires, the applicant is still allowed to remain in the country legally while EU3 is being processed?

Many thanks!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: EUFAM Expiring: Waiting for Passport from Citizenship

Post by littlerr » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:04 pm

As long as you have an up-to-date permission letter, you'll be fine.

If they don't return your passport for an extended amount of time - let's say, if they only give it back to you in December - when you apply for the new IRP card, just make sure that you mention the reason of the delay in the application. You should get a letter from the Citizenship team stating that they have returned the passport to you along with a date. You should attach a copy of that letter in your application to prove that the delay is not your fault.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:36 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:04 pm
As long as you have an up-to-date permission letter, you'll be fine.

If they don't return your passport for an extended amount of time - let's say, if they only give it back to you in December - when you apply for the new IRP card, just make sure that you mention the reason of the delay in the application. You should get a letter from the Citizenship team stating that they have returned the passport to you along with a date. You should attach a copy of that letter in your application to prove that the delay is not your fault.
You are a legend @littlerr as always. I appreciate your time n thoughts.

Many thanks!

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:05 am

Hi littlerr / anyone,

I forgot to ask this question.

Once we renew Stamp 4 while the Citizenship application is on going, do we need to notify Citizenship Team about the new Stamp or will they be able to access the updated permission in their system?

Many thanks

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:52 am

raja.brit wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:30 pm

I will get Stamp 4 extension from EU Treaty team by August 2021 as confirmed by EU Treat Team by email.

Hi @raja.brit, may I ask you when did you get this confirmation by EUTR?

Every time we emailed them for an update about our EU3 application they have always replied with the standard Covid 19 template and never provided any additional info on the processing time?

Thanks in advance

KinsaleMan
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by KinsaleMan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:01 am

From citizenship portal:

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/notice- ... plication/
To help us to prioritise the processing of citizenship applications over the summer months, applicants are asked not to submit applications and accompanying passports between 25th June 2021 to 30 September 2021, if you think that you will require your passport during this time. If you are uncertain if you may require your passport over the coming months, please be advised we cannot guarantee the speedy return of your passport.

If you have already submitted your passport with an application and now require it for emergency travel reasons such as medical reasons or to sit medical examinations you should email us at citizenshipinfo@justice.ie setting out the reasons and provide 1) colour scanned copies of the supporting documentation such as a letter from your medical consultant or timetable of exams from the relevant examination institute/authority, 2) the An Post tracking number of your application and 3) date of receipt in the Citizenship Tipperary office.

This service is solely for the purposes of emergency travel and for the reasons stated above.
We have submitted our passports for citizenship applications in early May, still haven't received them yet. You should expect return of your passports in a few months realistically.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:10 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:05 am
Hi littlerr / anyone,

I forgot to ask this question.

Once we renew Stamp 4 while the Citizenship application is on going, do we need to notify Citizenship Team about the new Stamp or will they be able to access the updated permission in their system?

Many thanks
You don't need to inform them. That's not in the requirement.
Having said that, it's always good to keep them up to date (otherwise they may at some stage come back to you and ask you to submit a copy of new IRP card).

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:59 pm

Thanks @littlerr and @kinsaleman. Appreciate your time n info muchly!

@Baboidamo,

Well if you are going to ask for an update, they are less likely to be precise on the application processing time frame. It seems it is taking minimum 1yr for approval based on approval timeframe in the forum and external sources.

When I contacted Eu Treaty for something, they advised me to email them few weeks before expiry of EUFAM for Stamp 4 extension.

Hope it helps.

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:32 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:59 pm

@Baboidamo,

Well if you are going to ask for an update, they are less likely to be precise on the application processing time frame. It seems it is taking minimum 1yr for approval based on approval timeframe in the forum and external sources.

When I contacted Eu Treaty for something, they advised me to email them few weeks before expiry of EUFAM for Stamp 4 extension.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for replying @raja.brit,

Well we applied 16 months ago, I didn t know that for receiving a reply about the timeframe we shouldn t have asked for an update on the timeframe, :D pardon my sarcasm.

So you mean that you sent an email towards the expiry date of your IRP and they replied by saying that you should receive approval by August?

I note you applied in February 2021, congratulations, the process in your case was very fast.

Thanks

BaboiDamo
Greece

Post by BaboiDamo » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:07 pm

BaboiDamo wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:32 pm
raja.brit wrote:

@Baboidamo,

Hope it helps.

Well we applied 16 months ago, I didn t know that for receiving a reply about the timeframe we shouldn t have asked for an update on the timeframe, :D pardon my sarcasm.

So you mean that you sent an email towards the expiry date of your IRP and they replied by saying that you should receive approval by August?

I note you applied in February 2021, congratulations, the process in your case was very fast.

Thanks
Apologies @raja.brit, I totally misread your post, somehow I understood you will receive a response by August, it will be an extension instead, my bad.
Pls disregard my previous comment, it must be the sun of these days :)

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:09 pm

BaboiDamo wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:32 pm
raja.brit wrote:

@Baboidamo,

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Hold your horse, lol

Nope, towards the expiry of EUFAM, they will issue an Stamp 4 extension for permissio not an approval though I prefer the latter ;)