ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET LR QUERY - CONSENT FORM FOR KIDS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ashontherun
India

ILR LR FOR CHILDREN AND WIFE

Post by ashontherun » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:13 pm

Hi guys,

I recently got my ILR LR (10 year) this month, ( was previously on Tier 1 HS Ent Extension).

My dependants are: Wife and children aged 16 and aged 12, are currently on Tier 1 HS Ent Dependant visa which is valid until Aug 2021. We don't have any plans to travel outside UK so they are not applying for FLR(M).

Moreover, all 3 will complete their 10 year residence in UK in July and will be eligible to apply for SET LR on their own.

Now my child aged 16 will be 17 in June and I have a confusion which documents are needed for his SET LR application.

Is there a link where I can go and have a look please? If not, please could you advise on the documents required for both the kids aged 17 and aged 12 (at the time of their eligibility for SET LR)?

Thanks as always!

MYA

Re: ILR LR FOR CHILDREN AND WIFE

Post by MYA » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:41 pm

Apply all of your children for Naturalisation on Form MN1straightaway, as you have ILR so your children are eligible for that. don’t waste your time and money for their ILR.
However for your wife wait till July when she will complete her long residency and apply for her ILR on 10 year long residency basis.

MYA

Post by MYA » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:42 pm

Sorry I use the word Naturalsation, it is registration for children

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:49 pm

MYA wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:42 pm
This is not correct in OP’s case as the children are born abroad. UK born children are entitled to be registered as British after at least one parent is settled in UK.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/dependent-il ... l#p1998622
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

MYA

Post by MYA » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:54 pm

MYA wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:49 pm
MYA wrote:
This is not correct in OP’s case as the children are born abroad.

Off course if the children are born abroad then you have to apply for their ILR first as the other member cullinan pointed out, also visit the link he gave.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:55 pm

MYA wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:54 pm
MYA wrote:
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:49 pm
MYA wrote:
This is not correct in OP’s case as the children are born abroad.

Off course if the children are born abroad then you have to apply for their ILR first as the other member cullinan pointed out, also visit the link he gave.
The link I mentioned is OP’s own existing thread.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:59 pm

ashontherun wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:13 pm
Hi guys,

I recently got my ILR LR (10 year) this month, ( was previously on Tier 1 HS Ent Extension).

My dependants are: Wife and children aged 16 and aged 12, are currently on Tier 1 HS Ent Dependant visa which is valid until Aug 2021. We don't have any plans to travel outside UK so they are not applying for FLR(M).

Moreover, all 3 will complete their 10 year residence in UK in July and will be eligible to apply for SET LR on their own.

Now my child aged 16 will be 17 in June and I have a confusion which documents are needed for his SET LR application.

Is there a link where I can go and have a look please? If not, please could you advise on the documents required for both the kids aged 17 and aged 12 (at the time of their eligibility for SET LR)?

Thanks as always!
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf

Run a dummy application, the checklist will tell you which documents are needed.

ashontherun
India

Post by ashontherun » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Thank you guys - I will do a dummy application.

ashontherun
India

ILR FOR MY DEPENDANTS

Post by ashontherun » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Hello moderators,

I recently got my ILR in April 2021 on Long Term Residence 10 yrs route - me and my dependants were on Tier 1 Ent Visa valid until Aug 2021.

My dependants, 2 kids 17 and 13 years old and my wife are currently on Tier 1 Ent Dependant visa valid until Aug 2021. They will be completing their 10 year residence in the UK in July 2021 and will be applying on individual basis, i.e., 3 applications (10 YR Set LR).

I am aware that Super Priority Appointments are currently open and will go for that for all my 3 dependants.

My question is that will it be possible to get same day appointments for 3 individual applications?

Please advise.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR FOR MY DEPENDANTS

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:02 am

You need to check UKVCAS appointment availability
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ashontherun
India

Re: ILR FOR MY DEPENDANTS

Post by ashontherun » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:06 am

Thank you guys for your advice.

I will look for appointment availability.

ashontherun
India

CONSENT LETTER FOR LONG TERM ILR FOR MY CHILDREN

Post by ashontherun » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:39 am

Hello,

I am currently on ILR based on Long-Term Residence 10 years in the UK.

I have started filling up SET LR Application for both of my children, aged 17 and 13, born outside of the UK.

Document list confirm that consent letter is required from both parents, details as below:

A letter of consent that confirms:
• the relationship between you and your parent(s)/legal guardian(s)
• consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the application
• consent from your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) to the living arrangements in the United Kingdom and the address where you will be staying
• whether one or both of your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) have responsibility for you
Both parents/legal guardians must sign the letter of consent, except where only one parent/legal guardian has sole responsibility for you.

So, I am looking for a template if anyone has provided the said "consent letter" as mentioned above.

Secondly, do I require a letter from school confirming that my children are in full-time education please?

Any help is really appreciated please!!

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: CONSENT LETTER FOR LONG TERM ILR FOR MY CHILDREN

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:55 pm

There is no template. Write a simple letter and give consent
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ashontherun
India

Post by ashontherun » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:22 am

Thank you Zimba for your response.

I have one further query please:

- For my both children, do I need to get a letter from their school mentioning that they are in full-time education please?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:04 am

That is not a requirement as far as I know

ashontherun
India

Post by ashontherun » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:11 pm

Hi Zimba, I thought the same. Thank you for your reply.

I have one further question please.

My elder child is 17 years 1 month old and is applying for ILR on SET (LR) form as he has completed 10 years here in the UK. So as he is over 16, do I need to provide any additional supporting documents to cover his finances and living arrangements or I am over thinking?

Please advise.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:05 pm

No need for that

ashontherun
India

SET LR QUERY - CONSENT FORM FOR KIDS

Post by ashontherun » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:55 pm

Hello,

I have applied for ILR for my kids based on 10 year route using SET LR form.

After submitting, I reached to the page where mandatory actions are listed and one of the options say "Download and sign your parental or legal guardian consent form"

When I clicked to download the form, the form says below:

"Consent to the application Father’s consent
I _________________________________ (name of father) consent to this application for the registration of ____________________________ (name of child) as a British citizen."

As my kids are born abroad, I had applied for ILR first and this form is to register child as a "BRITISH citizen." What should I do now please? Shall I ignore this form and include a letter to the caseworker mentioning that the child are born abroad and hence I have not submitted this form.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET LR QUERY - CONSENT FORM FOR KIDS

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:53 am

Ignore this.

ashontherun
India

Re: SET LR QUERY - CONSENT FORM FOR KIDS

Post by ashontherun » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:53 am

Thank you Zimba for your thoughts!

I was thinking along the same lines.

Cheers