ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Visit Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Re: Uk Visit Visa

Post by Khuram1987 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:31 am

Sorry yes awaiting decision.
I think it was 15 working days.

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:04 pm

Khuram1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:31 am
Sorry yes awaiting decision.
I think it was 15 working days.
Did u send the enquiry after receiving the email of your visa application has been assessed?

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:34 pm

Yes. I called them after this email just to confirm what the ECO said to me.

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:35 pm

Khuram1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:34 pm
Yes. I called them after this email just to confirm what the ECO said to me.
Okay it means I can hope for the positive outcome.....

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:37 pm

Yes I would say so as no reason to delay a rejection.

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:33 am

Hi, I’m hearing that travel restrictions will last atleast until Oct and then it will be allowed for only those to travel who have received both jabs. I’m also hearing that Chinese vaccine isn’t approved by western countries including UK so most likely people need to prove they have been vaccinated ( with approved vaccine). My parents have been vaccinated already with the Chinese one as that’s the only one available in PAK so if it’s true that mean they will have to have another double dose (privately) in order to travel. I don’t know if they can or they shy should and what would be the affect medically to receive 4 Covid jabs in a span of months. It’s all speculation but thought I share with you all.

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:53 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:37 pm
Do you have any case now a days who is being refused In these days? Only visit

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:59 pm

Kaif Alo wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:53 am
Khuram1987 wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:37 pm
Do you have any case now a days who is being refused In these days? Only visit
i got 2 cases 1 refused on 27th june and one on 7th june and they both were visit visas, and they had sent them refusals in the spam of 10 days from the day of biomatics

Charu79
Newly Registered
India

Post by Charu79 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:23 pm

Hello

I recently applied for 5 year visitor visa for my MIL and I was informed by both agent and vfs chennai, that visitor visa is being processed inspite of travel ban and will be getting the decision in 3 weeks time..we applied on 23rd june and yesterday we got the below email.. Has anybody received email like this recently after applying for uk visitor Visa...pls advise..

Attached the below email for your reference :

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process applications:

Non-settlement within 15 working days
Priority Visas within 5 working days
Settlement within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make a decision on your visa application within these service standards because we require further information to fully assess your application. We will contact you should we require any additional information from you.

Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible. We will notify you by email once a decision has been made.

Please do not go to the visa application centre until you have been advised that your passport is ready for collection. If you are applying in the Passport Passback category and have not already submitted your passport please do so as soon as possible as assessment of your application cannot be completed until this is received.

Replies to this email will not be answered. You will find our contact details at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Yours Sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:23 pm

This is a generic email when they need slightly more time to decide your application. Most likely they are currently assessing your application. They still have 15 days.

Hope that helps.

Charu79
Newly Registered
India

Post by Charu79 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:24 pm

Thank you so much for your response Khuram1987.

since some of you have received emails saying that your visitor visa cannot be concluded due to travel ban, I got confused as india is also on red list.

After seeing your response, I am feeling ok that atleast they are currently assessing my application instead of just putting on hold till travel ban is lifted.

Will wait till 15 working days and see.

aliahmadsabir
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by aliahmadsabir » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:22 am

Can anyone please tell what is appointment schedule now a days in Lahore center. How many days i need to wait to get available?

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:31 am

You should get an appointment no problem.

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:42 pm

So depressing that Pakistan is still not being moved out of the red list. I don’t understand the logic other than this being a complete and utter political farce. Iran the neighbouring country has much higher infection rate and less vaccination than Pakistan but they are in amber. I really don’t get this at all. Unfair and farcical.

Ponru
Newly Registered

Post by Ponru » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:32 pm

Hi All,
I am also in same board. I applied for my mum and got same generic email today.
Can any one please update any further information?

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:28 pm

Any hope or update that Pak will come out of the red list on 5th august?
Also any one here got any further response from ukvi?

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:37 am

Hi I applied my Tourist visa in month of May. I got email your application is on hold due to travel ban. It doesn't mean your application been refused. We will contact you after travel ban will be lifted. What is this mean ?

lenovo2929
Newly Registered
United Arab Emirates

Post by lenovo2929 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:21 pm

I applied for a visitor visa in Dubai May 2021. About 10 days later I received an email from the embassy in Abu Dhabi, asking me to submit a detailed salary statement. After submitting it. about a few days later, I received a call from +971026101100 (verified as the British UAE Embassy) asked about my basic situation, why I went to the UK, and what plans I have in the future. It was very detailed and lasted about 10 minutes. He finally asked me any questions. I asked him about the conclusion of the visa. He said that according to the policy, he cannot tell me directly on the phone, and I will receive an email soon. Finally, he reminded me that there is a travel ban on the UAE. I cannot travel as planned and my travel will be postponed. (Feeling prompted to approve)About 5 minutes after I ended the call, I found a new email in the spam mailbox, as follows:

Dear Customer,
Your visit visa application has been assessed but we are not able to conclude it at this time due to the UK Government’s published ban on travel to the UK from certain countries due to COVID-19. A list of countries can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-m ... f-covid-19.
Once the ban is lifted we will conclude your application and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre to arrange collection or delivery.
If you require your passport before your application is concluded, please contact the Visa Application Centre who will be able to arrange for this to be released.
If you require any further information, please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus or contact us at https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.
Follow us online: www.gov.uk/fcdo
This email is intended for the addressee(s) only: All messages sent and received by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office may be monitored in line with relevant UK legislation<https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... acy-notice>

Above is my experience

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:31 am

India is now on the amber list.
So everyone who got the on hold application email will get their visit visa processed.

kufarooq1

Post by kufarooq1 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:44 am

A bit disappointed to not have Pak off the list but encouraging sign that it may not be long now.

Surprising decision as the infection and death rate in India is higher than Pak and BDesh combined but both are still red and India amber. No idea how they decide and what data they use.

Good luck to all Indian friends here. I hope you all get a good news soon.

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:13 am

Great news indis is in Amber list hopefully pakistan will also in amber list soon. If someone get any update from india please share.
Good Luck
Thanks

Khuram1987
Pakistan

Post by Khuram1987 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:17 am

Yes good luck to all the Indian friends.

The decision seems strange but I'm not surprised to be honest.. But atleast the people stuck in PK can use other routes to travel back to the UK.

Please report when you get your visas..

Thanks.

Kaif Alo
Pakistan

Post by Kaif Alo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:55 am

Khuram1987 wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:31 am
India is now on the amber list.
So everyone who got the on hold application email will get their visit visa processed.
Have tried to contact them again to know the status of your visa application?

Gurpreet1987
India

Post by Gurpreet1987 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:58 pm

I think visa process will start from Monday . If I got any update will update.

aaliyaan
inactive

Post by aaliyaan » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:26 pm

I applied for my mother in law in june and still waiting for decision. Plz everyone update us if u got reply