ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to work while waiting for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dukeh10
Newly Registered
India

Right to work while waiting for ILR

Post by dukeh10 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:23 pm

Hello,

I am on ICT visa and can only work for my sponsor. Currently, I have applied or ILR (SET-LR).
In case I am shifting jobs, is there a way to prove to my employer that I am awaiting ILR?

Thanks in advance for you response.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Right to work while waiting for ILR

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:33 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Right to work while waiting for ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:25 pm

dukeh10 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:23 pm
Hello,

I am on ICT visa and can only work for my sponsor. Currently, I have applied or ILR (SET-LR).
In case I am shifting jobs, is there a way to prove to my employer that I am awaiting ILR?

Thanks in advance for you response.
You cannot work for any other employer until your ilr is granted and you have your new brp card.

While you are waiting, your existing tier 2 ict visa conditions continue which means you can only work for your tier 2 sponsor
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.