ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 applying for Skilled Worker route commence employment during visa processing

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

l.reddy1994
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 applying for Skilled Worker route commence employment during visa processing

Post by l.reddy1994 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:37 pm

I am currently on a Student visa, hoping to apply from within the UK.
I am due to submit my PhD thesis next month and hope to potentially start a job following this.
My visa is due to expire in October 2021.

Once I am given a CoS from an employer and have applied for the visa, awaiting my biometrics, is it possible for me to commence employment with the employer as stipulated in my CoS?
Or would I still be under my current visa rules (as I understand from my university, my work would still be limited to 20 hours per week after submission of thesis).

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 4 applying for Skilled Worker route commence employment during visa processing

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:58 pm

While you have an application pending, your tier 4 visa conditions continue.

You can start working for your skilled worker visa employer once you have received your skilled worker approval and brp card
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.