ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) FLR (FP) parent route.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

davejk
Newly Registered
South Africa

FLR (M) FLR (FP) parent route.

Post by davejk » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi friends.

I am on the 2.5 year flr on 5 year spouse route. I have a 9yo British daughter, and I have been married 17years to my British wife.

The wife and I are about to seperate, and ultimately get legally divorced. We are still living in the family home together. We will l look to have joint custody of our daughter. I am extremely worried about looseing my immigration status, and haveing to return to South Africa.

Any tips and guidance on switching from M to FP. I do meet all the financial requirements.
I am getting conflicting reports, as some say this is relatively straightforward, and others say it is high risk.

Thank you in adavnce for you help and guidance.

ssasi2020

Re: FLR (M) FLR (FP) parent route.

Post by ssasi2020 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:11 pm

Ihi, i had to go through similar circumstances. I am going to explain what i did, and i am sure that will give you an idea on what needs to be done.
When we got separated, Firstly, i had an informal agreement with my ex about child custody(staying 2 nights a week with me after school and dropping him to school next morning) and child maintenance. Then i looked for a flat for myself and my son. It took about a week. Once i moved out to my place. I wrote a letter to ukvi about our separation and i would be making new application on family life ground soon. I gathered all reqired documents such as payslip, employment letter, bank statement, accommodation, English, letter from other parent, letter from school( that confirmed i pick up and drop my child), and other documents. It took me few weeks then i applied for flr fp 5 year parent route. It was in 2018 so i went for same day service and my visa was granted. I recently extended my visa successfully aswell through standard application although it took nearly 6 months for a decision.

Very important that you agree with other parent about co-parenting and and bank transfer child maintenance every week or month immediately, you can calculate how much you should pay on https://www.gov.uk/calculate-child-maintenance

And flr fp information, https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/parent

Hope this helps.