ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending further documents after submitting my application for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Joeyjoe

Naturalisation without valid/expired passport to scan stamps from

Post by Joeyjoe » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:27 pm

Hello,

I am non-EEA. We are applying for naturalisation (5 years limited leave + 12 month ILR) without valid passports. National passports expired while they are held by HO. Our expired Travel documents were sent to support a renewal application 7 months ago and haven't been sent back since. Hence, I don't have them physically to scan all the stamped pages. I only have the bio pages scanned. My question is:

Don't UKVI already have a record of all the UK entry/exist we have that they can match up with the trips we declared in the application form? wouldn't that be enough? do they need to see the stamps?

Would it delay my application (even though it's not my fault as they have all my travel documents/passports)?

P.S. I added a cover letter and explained the above.... but still little bit anxious..

Thanks

Joeyjoe

Re: Naturalisation without valid/expired passport to scan stamps from

Post by Joeyjoe » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:09 am

I know it’s a unique case... if anyone have any advise I will be thankful

Toni78
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Toni78 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:35 am

You can used an expired National passports. It makes no difference. I used expired passport if you do it online it will show you where to click to boycott it . You don’t need a valid passport to get a British passport but you will need a valid card or documentation showing you permanent stay or indefinite stay

Joeyjoe

Post by Joeyjoe » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:15 pm

Thank you - my main concern is not about having a valid or expired passport. My concern is I don't have a copy of the exit/entry stamps on my passports to show my absence from the uk. Would UKVI have my entry and exits on their system already? or do they need to see the stamps?

Toni78
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Toni78 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:14 pm

They don’t need to see it , you only summit the copy of your passport that has got your information anyway. It is now online and UKVAS which is a 3 party . But check your email to see if you could get your old travel time line you only need to tell home office if it is within 3 years . They don’t need to see the stamps . Start filling your forms online you will understand it is simple

Joeyjoe

Post by Joeyjoe » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:40 pm

Thanks much Toni! I have submitted the application and used my flight booking emails to tell my exits and re-entries. I have also sent them the bio page of the travel document. Now I know they can verify this without having to see the stamps. That’s great help thank you!

Joeyjoe

Sending further documents after submitting my application for naturalisation

Post by Joeyjoe » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 pm

Hello admins,

Apologies if this was asked before. When I applied for naturalisation around a month ago, I didn't have my TD (to show the entry and exist stamps) since it was with the home office for renewal. So when I applied I added a cover letter and explained the situation. Today, I finally received my expired TD back from HO, so I want to scan all the stamps and add it to the application. Was there an email address that I can use for such?

Many thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sending further documents after submitting my application for naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:03 pm

Have you enrolled biometrics yet?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Joeyjoe

Re: Sending further documents after submitting my application for naturalisation

Post by Joeyjoe » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:03 pm
Have you enrolled biometrics yet?
yes we did entoll biometrics

Joeyjoe

Post by Joeyjoe » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:55 am

Any advice please?

Joeyjoe

Post by Joeyjoe » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:57 pm

Appreciate having your advice CR001

Joeyjoe

Post by Joeyjoe » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:18 pm

Just for the benefit of anyone seeing this post, I have emailed mailto:FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk and they replied asking me to mail a copy of the travel documents to the home office in Liverpool