ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Global Talent Visa to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkmn
Newly Registered
India

UK Global Talent Visa to ILR

Post by mkmn » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:08 am

Dear Team,

Requesting for a kind advice, as I recently got approval for GTV and moving over to ILR. But I have lived in the UK since Sept 2018.

Here are my timelines:
2018 Sept - Landed in UK On Tier 2 (General)
On vacation, away from UK - Dec 2018 2 weeks
On vacation, away from UK - Dec 2019 1 week
2021 July - Approval from home office for Global Talent Visa

I applied GTV for 1 year only (until July 2022), as I understand T2 (General) years count to GTV and be ILR eligible in September 2021.
I am looking for advice to understand by when can I apply for ILR. Any help and guidance will be valuable so I could do the preparation works and apply on time?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: UK Global Talent Visa to ILR

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:03 am

All you need is explained in the guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mkmn
Newly Registered
India

Post by mkmn » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:32 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:03 am
All you need is explained in the guide: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... gov-uk.pdf
Thanks Zimba for the share, I'm basically looking for info around "Calculating continuous period in UK", summing up my T2 & GTV period, when the eligibility arrives. This document wasn't helpful, hence I posted it here. I tried this as well https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf, bit outdated and doesn't have updated Global Talent Visa info.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:53 am

mkmn wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:32 am
Zimba wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:03 am
Thanks Zimba for the share, I'm basically looking for info around "Calculating continuous period in UK", summing up my T2 & GTV period, when the eligibility arrives. This document wasn't helpful, hence I posted it here. I tried this as well https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf, bit outdated and doesn't have updated Global Talent Visa info.
It is literally under the Eligibility requirement - Continuous period :? You need to read the guide properly
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gtv007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gtv007 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:13 pm

You can apply 3 years /5 years resisdency depending on Tier1 GTV. If you are in three yeras route then you can apply 28 days before the date of completeing 3 years residency ( which is counted from the visa isuue date).
You should apply in superpriority visa application opstion to complete application as you have short visa(mothns of GTV).
-> you should submitt all tier2 and tier1 GTV documents included appoinrment letter,s employment status letter, 3 years pay slips, P45, P60, Endosement letter, Bank statement at least one years) and finally you can consult with a lawyer if you have any other issues.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:16 pm

gtv007 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:13 pm
You can apply 3 years /5 years resisdency depending on Tier1 GTV. If you are in three yeras route then you can apply 28 days before the date of completeing 3 years residency ( which is counted from the visa isuue date).
You should apply in superpriority visa application opstion to complete application as you have short visa(mothns of GTV).
-> you should submitt all tier2 and tier1 GTV documents included appoinrment letter,s employment status letter, 3 years pay slips, P45, P60, Endosement letter, Bank statement at least one years) and finally you can consult with a lawyer if you have any other issues.
There is NO requirement to submit any Tier 2 related documents. That has no basis in the rules

mkmn
Newly Registered
India

Post by mkmn » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:51 am

thanks, Zimba and gtv007 for the kind advice.