ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion on naturalization applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General discussion on naturalization applications

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:48 am

mehran1 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:44 am
Hello everyone,

I made naturalization application on 08.02.2021 and enrolled Biometrics on 18.02.2021. It has been 163 days and still waiting. I have started panicking now :(

I received this email on 21.07.2021.

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible.
This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision.
We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible.

Yours sincerely
Managed Migration Support Team
Home Office

I'll appreciate if someone can please advise whether this email has any significance and is it something to be worried about? And has anyone else on here received similar email recently?
Thank you all.

To Moderators: I'm very sorry if this isn't the right thread to ask this question.
It is a generic response. You simply need to wait to hear back. Applications can take up to 6 months, often longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

FloweringBud
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by FloweringBud » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:50 am

iceman809 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:29 pm
I am with everyone in February! ! ! I clearly received a reply from my lawyer the other day. He said that he contacted HOME and said (my biometric date is 04/03/21 and the date of submitting the application is 07/02/21) and then I get a reply saying that my waiting time is less than 6 months, if I need to ask HOME It should be after 04/09/21. I am completely confused now and do not know how to calculate these 6 months.
I think the Home Office do not consider your application until the biometrics date, / as most people leave all the document uploading to the biometric appointment rather than uploading and submitting it themselves / I did the latter, but even when I had already submitted, UKVCAS has the power to upload new documents. For example, before my biometrics appoint, UKVCAS suggested I reuploaded my passport photo as the photo wasn’t clear enough or have it done at the appointment and when it came to my biometrics appointment, the guy sent my application to UKVI and I got an email from UKVCAS after that my biometrics and 1 new document had been sent to UKVI alongside my application. This is based on the assumption that HO only considers applications with completed biometrics and supporting documents (even though the submission date was earlier).

iceman809
Taiwan

Post by iceman809 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:20 pm

FloweringBud wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:50 am
iceman809 wrote:
I am with everyone in February! ! ! I clearly received a reply from my lawyer the other day. He said that he contacted HOME and said (my biometric date is 04/03/21 and the date of submitting the application is 07/02/21) and then I get a reply saying that my waiting time is less than 6 months, if I need to ask HOME It should be after 04/09/21. I am completely confused now and do not know how to calculate these 6 months.
I think the Home Office do not consider your application until the biometrics date, / as most people leave all the document uploading to the biometric appointment rather than uploading and submitting it themselves / I did the latter, but even when I had already submitted, UKVCAS has the power to upload new documents. For example, before my biometrics appoint, UKVCAS suggested I reuploaded my passport photo as the photo wasn’t clear enough or have it done at the appointment and when it came to my biometrics appointment, the guy sent my application to UKVI and I got an email from UKVCAS after that my biometrics and 1 new document had been sent to UKVI alongside my application. This is based on the assumption that HO only considers applications with completed biometrics and supporting documents (even though the submission date was earlier).
Many Thanks FloweringBud Thank you for your explanation. I think what you said is very reasonable. Just last weekend, I received my invitation letter and will hold a virtual ceremony next week. I think the victory moments for the applicants in February will come one by one. Around us, victory belongs to each of us.

iceman809
Taiwan

Post by iceman809 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:29 pm

At the same time, I should be most grateful to the mentors and seniors of this forum for the lost applicants, who provided everyone with a light of hope in the dark night
Please forgive me for my English level

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:39 pm

iceman809 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:29 pm
At the same time, I should be most grateful to the mentors and seniors of this forum for the lost applicants, who provided everyone with a light of hope in the dark night
That’s so nice, iceman809. I’m quite lost nowadays. Nothing from home office side. I hope I will hear something soon but feeling exhausted emotionally. Checking hundred times emails, everyday after work a hope wishing to see a letter from letter box. But nothing. Fingers crossed soon…

FloweringBud
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by FloweringBud » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:43 pm

iceman809 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:20 pm
FloweringBud wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:50 am
iceman809 wrote:
Many Thanks FloweringBud Thank you for your explanation. I think what you said is very reasonable. Just last weekend, I received my invitation letter and will hold a virtual ceremony next week. I think the victory moments for the applicants in February will come one by one. Around us, victory belongs to each of us.
Congratulations!

Hkg1222
Newly Registered

Post by Hkg1222 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Echinol wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:39 pm
iceman809 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:29 pm
That’s so nice, iceman809. I’m quite lost nowadays. Nothing from home office side. I hope I will hear something soon but feeling exhausted emotionally. Checking hundred times emails, everyday after work a hope wishing to see a letter from letter box. But nothing. Fingers crossed soon…
I have been doing the same and sharing exactly the same feeling Echinol!
Just 3 more business days to complete the 6-month wait :(

Fingers crossed…

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:29 pm

Hi,

I submitted mine and my wife, on 20th Dec 20,Biometrics on 15/01/21 and still pending.
Even request to Local MP is not working.
This is probably the longest of the time any of my application has taken so far.
I am not panicking at the moment but may do in couple of month time. Hoping for the best.

themisc
Newly Registered

Post by themisc » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:32 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:29 pm
Hi,

I submitted mine and my wife, on 20th Dec 20,Biometrics on 15/01/21 and still pending.
Even request to Local MP is not working.
This is probably the longest of the time any of my application has taken so far.
I am not panicking at the moment but may do in couple of month time. Hoping for the best.
Very similar to my GF, she's still waiting

samkos1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkos1980 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:33 am

last year around october-dec I saw applications took only 1 month and these days I see applications are taking more than 4-5 months its very stressful. As Home office doesn't care about updating the application status some cases I saw email and in some case they communicated via physical letter

I just want to check if anyone are in my similar case of applying application via solicitor as I dont know home office will contact me or solicitor ? i mean any comminication such as approval letter (email /physical copy) , ceremony (email /physical copy) or any comminication.

Can anyone help me with this .

I keep chasing my solicitor and Im only getting same answer from last 2-3 months "No Comminication from Home"

Hope they will reply soon

--------------------------------
Biometric : 25 March 2021
No response from Home office till now.

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:50 am

samkos1980 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:33 am
last year around october-dec I saw applications took only 1 month and these days I see applications are taking more than 4-5 months its very stressful. As Home office doesn't care about updating the application status some cases I saw email and in some case they communicated via physical letter

I just want to check if anyone are in my similar case of applying application via solicitor as I dont know home office will contact me or solicitor ? i mean any comminication such as approval letter (email /physical copy) , ceremony (email /physical copy) or any comminication.

I keep chasing my solicitor and Im only getting same answer from last 2-3 months "No Comminication from Home"

Hi samkos1980 I applied the same time like you and biometric 9th of March and still didn’t hear anything but I believe next two week we will hear something either via email or via post. We just need to be more patient as we did till now. I’m praying everyday not just for me, for everybody here waiting decisions. Be patient and we will have the good outcome soon.

samkos1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkos1980 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:25 am

Echinol wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:50 am
samkos1980 wrote:

Hi samkos1980 I applied the same time like you and biometric 9th of March and still didn’t hear anything but I believe next two week we will hear something either via email or via post. We just need to be more patient as we did till now. I’m praying everyday not just for me, for everybody here waiting decisions. Be patient and we will have the good outcome soon.

Thanks Echinol for the positive words.

I hope we will get some response in couple of weeks time.

I dont know whether UKBA send communication directly to me or to my solicitor as I gave letter of authorization while filing the case.

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:55 am

samkos1980 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:25 am
Echinol wrote:
samkos1980 wrote:

I dont know whether UKBA send communication directly to me or to my solicitor as I gave letter of authorization while filing the case.
They will contact to your solicitor for all - outcome, more documents or anything else. But you can ask for a progress update to home office I’m sure you’ve seen here there are people sending emails even if they used solicitors and got a reply.

samkos1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkos1980 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:06 pm

Thanks .

Echinol wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:55 am
samkos1980 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:25 am
Echinol wrote:
samkos1980 wrote:

They will contact to your solicitor for all - outcome, more documents or anything else. But you can ask for a progress update to home office I’m sure you’ve seen here there are people sending emails even if they used solicitors and got a reply.

dapsandhugs
Newly Registered

Post by dapsandhugs » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:54 pm

February Naturalisation timeline Deleted?

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:04 pm

dapsandhugs wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:54 pm
February Naturalisation timeline Deleted?
I think so. Last time I’ve seen somebody posted March application timeline there but I was expecting moderators will delete that one but they deleted all February 2021 timeline I think 😂

dapsandhugs
Newly Registered

Post by dapsandhugs » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:12 pm

Thanks for the info.

samkos1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkos1980 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:21 am

does any one in this group know who sent email to Atlas...... got the response other than standard text .

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:26 pm

Hello everybody just beginning of this month I received a reply from MMST email when I asked for a progress and they replied in 3 days. Last week I sent another email to learn if there is any change on my application. Since today I didn’t receive any reply.(I applied naturalisation 21st of February 2021 btw) Is anybody here lived the same condition sent email and no reply then receive any outcome about application ? Thanks.

Hkg1222
Newly Registered

Post by Hkg1222 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:17 pm

Echinol wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:26 pm
Hello everybody just beginning of this month I received a reply from MMST email when I asked for a progress and they replied in 3 days. Last week I sent another email to learn if there is any change on my application. Since today I didn’t receive any reply.(I applied naturalisation 21st of February 2021 btw) Is anybody here lived the same condition sent email and no reply then receive any outcome about application ? Thanks.
I also sent an email to MMST last week as my application has been over 6 months now, today I got a Service Standard Letter email advising the following which is a standard template as I noted from some of the previous posts here:

'unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

This is because it is taking longer than usual to process applications because of coronavirus (COVID-19). This will not affect the decision. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible, but we will write to you again if this is not going to be possible'

Confirmed to continue to wait... :(

samkos1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkos1980 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:11 am

yesterday I saw one of my forum and I learned HO directly calling applicants via private numbers.

Any idea HO are calling with private number informed application is successful and send the letter in week time.

Is this true ?

I generally get calls from private numbers I dont generally care them .

looking at this news Im soo stressed.. HO can communicate in many ways either by post or email or calling directly to applicant via private numbers

any thoughts on it

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:28 am

Good Morning everybody just a minutes ago i received an email, i am quite shocked after 5 months and 9 days later they are asking if i have enrolled my biometrics or not. (it is done on 9th of March 2021) of course i immediately replied and attached my appointment proof as well. It is unbelievable. Any of forum members had same problem before? Thanks.

dapsandhugs
Newly Registered

Post by dapsandhugs » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:50 am

That's saddening. 5 months after application you are being asked if you have done your biometrics. It goes on to show the quality of service they offer and the level of incompetence at display.

The good side of the email is that you have someone looking at your application now and that may quicken your approval.

samkos1980
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkos1980 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:07 am

Hi Echinol

To me it looks positive at-least you got response .

Echinol
Mood:

Post by Echinol » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:33 am

dapsandhugs wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:50 am
That's saddening. 5 months after application you are being asked if you have done your biometrics. It goes on to show the quality of service they offer and the level of incompetence at display.

The good side of the email is that you have someone looking at your application now and that may quicken your approval.
Hi dapsandhugs,

You are quite right. That showing how they are dealing the cases. We know last couple of years HO service quality started to decrease day by day.

As you said i am trying to look from the good side and i will advise you and all forum members when i hear something.