ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS, can they make mistakes?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CzarDee
Newly Registered

UKVCAS, can they make mistakes?

Post by CzarDee » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:54 am

Hi everyone,

I hope you are well and safe.

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this question. I went with my brother-in-law to attend his appointment at UKVCAS. He does not speak English well, so I was his interpreter. He was applying for Family Route.

My question is, do you think UKVCAS staff can make mistakes? I have observed that the staff are not knowledgeable. I have a feeling that they missed out a requirement during my brother-in-law's appointment. The UKVCAS guy said that we had the mandatory documents anyway, the rest are non-mandatory. Will the Home Office contact my brother-in-law if there is any missing non-mandatory document that was on the checklist that we have not submitted during the appointment?

I do not trust the staff at UKVCAS. Sorry, that was just my impression of them.

Thank you.

Casa

Re: UKVCAS, can they make mistakes?

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:57 am

This service has been outsourced to an Agency and isn't managed by Home Office staff. Your brother-in-law should be contacted if any of the required documents are missing.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CzarDee
Newly Registered

Post by CzarDee » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:25 am

So he will not be refused straight away, right? that is our concern. thank you for your quick reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:30 am

Why do you think there is an issue?

What documents has he submitted in support of his application?

Note that UKVI does not always contact applicants asking for missing documents. It is and always will be the applicant's responsibility to ensure they submit what is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:58 am

CzarDee wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:54 am
Hi everyone,

I hope you are well and safe.

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this question. I went with my brother-in-law to attend his appointment at UKVCAS. He does not speak English well, so I was his interpreter. He was applying for Family Route.

My question is, do you think UKVCAS staff can make mistakes? I have observed that the staff are not knowledgeable. I have a feeling that they missed out a requirement during my brother-in-law's appointment. The UKVCAS guy said that we had the mandatory documents anyway, the rest are non-mandatory. Will the Home Office contact my brother-in-law if there is any missing non-mandatory document that was on the checklist that we have not submitted during the appointment?

I do not trust the staff at UKVCAS. Sorry, that was just my impression of them.

Thank you.
On observing this, you could have made attempt to address this there and then not leaving things to chances as CR001
said its not every time applicants are contacted to provide missing documents.

CzarDee
Newly Registered

Post by CzarDee » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:30 am
Why do you think there is an issue?

What documents has he submitted in support of his application?

Note that UKVI does not always contact applicants asking for missing documents. It is and always will be the applicant's responsibility to ensure they submit what is required.
I think my brother-in-law's English proficiency doc was not scanned. When we came home, it was in the other folder. But the staff did not ask for it. He said everything was ok. So I assumed he uploaded all requirements. Thank you for your reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:22 pm

Did you/he not upload the documents yourself before the UKCVAS appointment?? That is what most applicants do to ensure everything is uploaded.

What visa route exactly is he applying for? There is more than one 'family route' type application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CzarDee
Newly Registered

Post by CzarDee » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:34 pm

He is applying for a spouse of a British Citizen, my sister. We did not upload the documents ourselves because we wanted the UKVCAS to check them. Thank you.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:34 pm

its better to upload it yourself or try to call the UKVCAS .

I'm afraid they will put him in 10 years route if the English certificate is the only requirement missing.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:59 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:34 pm

I'm afraid they will put him in 10 years route if the English certificate is the only requirement missing.
This isn't a given. There are conditions set out in the Rules that is expected to apply to the applicant for them to be put on the 10-year route.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 pm

Korekt wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:59 pm
Waiting limited wrote:

This isn't a given. There are conditions set out in the Rules that is expected to apply to the applicant for them to be put on the 10-year route.
yes and the rules are clear about the English test certificate. once is missing or has expired then they move you from FLR(M)5 years route partner to FLR(fp) 10 years route - fresh start which means you start from 0- .

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:56 am

Waiting limited wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 pm
Korekt wrote:
Waiting limited wrote:

yes and the rules are clear about the English test certificate. once is missing or has expired then they move you from FLR(M)5 years route partner to FLR(fp) 10 years route - fresh start which means you start from 0- .
It isn't a given that the applicant will be moved. If the stated exceptions do not apply, the application may be refused.

In other words, an applicant gets moved to the 10-year route if the relevant exceptions apply.

They don't apply to every applicant. You may be giving false hope.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:15 am

Korekt wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:56 am
Waiting limited wrote:
Korekt wrote:
Waiting limited wrote:

It isn't a given that the applicant will be moved. If the stated exceptions do not apply, the application may be refused.

In other words, an applicant gets moved to the 10-year route if the relevant exceptions apply.

It's hard to believe I guess that such thing could happen but it happened with no right to appeal the decision.
I find out that the new rules of June 2021 regarding the English test are more flexible at least the applicant has the opportunity to pass another English test within one month if the caseworker is not satisfied with the submited English certificate. but back in 2019 the caseworker refuse and put you into another category if you satisfy its requirements.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:31 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:15 am
Korekt wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:56 am
Waiting limited wrote:
Korekt wrote:
Waiting limited wrote:

It's hard to believe I guess that such thing could happen but it happened with no right to appeal the decision.
I find out that the new rules of June 2021 regarding the English test are more flexible at least the applicant has the opportunity to pass another English test within one month if the caseworker is not satisfied with the submited English certificate. but back in 2019 the caseworker refuse and put you into another category if you satisfy its requirements.
You will only be put on 10 years route if you meet the criteria for it and it is not everyone who qualifies for 10 years route. Which rule in June 2021? Caseworker generally exercise evidence flexibility of Appendix FM-SE to request for any document which is missing and you will usually be given a deadline probably around 10 days or more depending on the caseworker.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.