ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change to 5 year route from 10 year route - Parent of a British Child(First Extension)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Miss_tito
Newly Registered

Change to 5 year route from 10 year route - Parent of a British Child(First Extension)

Post by Miss_tito » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:35 pm

Hi Moderators,

I really need help with my query and will appreciate any help I can get.

I currently have my leave to remain via Parent of a British Child route(10 Year route) which is due to expire in Oct 2021.

I am looking to switch to 5 year route as I believe I meet most of the requirements for 5 Year parent route.

Background during my Initial Application in 2018:
* Came as a visitor and overstayed
* Had my son and applied for LTR in 2018 which was granted in 2019
* I was living in church accommodation at the time as my church was my sponsor
* I also had support from my family and friends
* Initial visa granted in May 2019

Present background:
* I work full-time and earn £38000/PA
* I live with my son in a 2 bedroom property(rented)
* I pay my bills(Water, council tax, Energy, broadband etc)
* I am the sole carer of my son. No support from his father, financially
* Current Visa expires in Oct 2021
* My son’s father rarely sees my son. Last time was September last year.
* I applied for change of conditions in 2020 during Covid as I was on furlough then in my previous Job. This request was granted and my visa condition was changed to give me access to public funds
* I personally have not claimed public funds except for my son(30hours of childcare, Tax-free childcare and child benefit).
* My son will start nursery in September and I have claimed 30 hours of childcare for him, in addition to child benefit. I also get access to Tax-free credit. Please note that I haven’t personally claimed any public funds as I have only applied for my son (30hours of childcare, Tax-free childcare and child benefit).
* I did not school in the UK and as such do not meet English language reqs.
* I invited my mum over this year and have also travelled outside the UK once since my initial visa was granted
* My lawyer refused to give me copies of my application and when he did he left out the cover letter. But I wrote to the home office and requested copies of all documents relating to my immigration history, which I received recently including the cover letter :D . So I have these documents in-hand to refer to if need be.

Questions:
* What test do I have to write to meet this English language requirement?
* Can I really switch to 5 year route if I pass and add the English test result to my application?
* What are my chances of getting it?
* This is my first extension and I plan to apply myself as my lawyer plans to charge me £1500. He said most people mess up their applications by not using a lawyer after getting their first visa and then they fall into problems(refusals etc). Is this application one I can do myself without a lawyer? My situation isn’t as complicated as it was when I submitted my initial application.
* What documents do I have to submit along with my application?
* Do I need to add a cover letter? If yes, what needs to be in the cover letter?
* My lawyer says I can’t change to 5 year route. How true is this?
* I was told that if illegal at the time of the initial application, then I cannot apply to change to 5 year route. Is this correct?
* What’s the worst that can happen if the application to change to 5year route is refused? Will they restart the 10 years all over again or continue to issue another 2.5 without restarting it? Or will the application be refused?
* What's the probability of my visa being issued to recourse to public funds, whether on 5year or 10year route?
* My Visa runs out in October, how soon can I apply or do I have to wait till October before applying for my first extension?
* Lastly, can I pay for fast-track? I heard they don’t do this anymore due to backlog. Is this true? Or is there anyone who has paid for fast track and got a decision fast?

I look forward to your responses.

Many thanks

Miss_tito
Newly Registered

Re: Change to 5 year route from 10 year route - Parent of a British Child(First Extension)

Post by Miss_tito » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:27 pm

Can I please get help with my query? I will really appreciate some advise.

Miss_tito wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:35 pm
Hi Moderators,

I really need help with my query and will appreciate any help I can get.

I currently have my leave to remain via Parent of a British Child route(10 Year route) which is due to expire in Oct 2021.

I am looking to switch to 5 year route as I believe I meet most of the requirements for 5 Year parent route.

Background during my Initial Application in 2018:
* Came as a visitor and overstayed
* Had my son and applied for LTR in 2018 which was granted in 2019
* I was living in church accommodation at the time as my church was my sponsor
* I also had support from my family and friends
* Initial visa granted in May 2019

Present background:
* I work full-time and earn £38000/PA
* I live with my son in a 2 bedroom property(rented)
* I pay my bills(Water, council tax, Energy, broadband etc)
* I am the sole carer of my son. No support from his father, financially
* Current Visa expires in Oct 2021
* My son’s father rarely sees my son. Last time was September last year.
* I applied for change of conditions in 2020 during Covid as I was on furlough then in my previous Job. This request was granted and my visa condition was changed to give me access to public funds
* I personally have not claimed public funds except for my son(30hours of childcare, Tax-free childcare and child benefit).
* My son will start nursery in September and I have claimed 30 hours of childcare for him, in addition to child benefit. I also get access to Tax-free credit. Please note that I haven’t personally claimed any public funds as I have only applied for my son (30hours of childcare, Tax-free childcare and child benefit).
* I did not school in the UK and as such do not meet English language reqs.
* I invited my mum over this year and have also travelled outside the UK once since my initial visa was granted
* My lawyer refused to give me copies of my application and when he did he left out the cover letter. But I wrote to the home office and requested copies of all documents relating to my immigration history, which I received recently including the cover letter :D . So I have these documents in-hand to refer to if need be.

Questions:
* What test do I have to write to meet this English language requirement?
* Can I really switch to 5 year route if I pass and add the English test result to my application?
* What are my chances of getting it?
* This is my first extension and I plan to apply myself as my lawyer plans to charge me £1500. He said most people mess up their applications by not using a lawyer after getting their first visa and then they fall into problems(refusals etc). Is this application one I can do myself without a lawyer? My situation isn’t as complicated as it was when I submitted my initial application.
* What documents do I have to submit along with my application?
* Do I need to add a cover letter? If yes, what needs to be in the cover letter?
* My lawyer says I can’t change to 5 year route. How true is this?
* I was told that if illegal at the time of the initial application, then I cannot apply to change to 5 year route. Is this correct?
* What’s the worst that can happen if the application to change to 5year route is refused? Will they restart the 10 years all over again or continue to issue another 2.5 without restarting it? Or will the application be refused?
* What's the probability of my visa being issued to recourse to public funds, whether on 5year or 10year route?
* My Visa runs out in October, how soon can I apply or do I have to wait till October before applying for my first extension?
* Lastly, can I pay for fast-track? I heard they don’t do this anymore due to backlog. Is this true? Or is there anyone who has paid for fast track and got a decision fast?

I look forward to your responses.

Many thanks