ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 2.6 on the online AN form?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kammak
Newly Registered
Poland

Section 2.6 in the online application

Post by kammak » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:31 pm

I'm looking at the PDF version of the AN form where in section 2.6, it asks you to provide your basis of stay in the UK and confirm if you have had CSI if you have spent time in the UK as a student or a self-sufficient person, but I can't find this section at all when completing the application online? Could someone please advise?

kammak
Newly Registered
Poland

3/5 year lawful residence requirement question

Post by kammak » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:35 pm

On the AN form, under EEA or Swiss nationals and their family members granted indefinite leave to enter or remain (settled status) under the EU Settlement Scheme, it says:

It is a requirement that you were here lawfully in the 3 or 5 year period before making your application. This includes complying with any additional requirements, such as having comprehensive sickness insurance if you needed it prior to being granted pre-settled or settled status. You can tell us about any additional factors that may help us decide your application at section 7.10.

Do 3 or 5 years referent to the period before making the application for the settled status or application for citizenship?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: 3/5 year lawful residence requirement question

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:23 pm

The 3 year (married to British citizen) it 5 year (not married to a British citizen) applies to the 3/5 years immediately preceding the date of application for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kammak
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: 3/5 year lawful residence requirement question

Post by kammak » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Thank you. However, it also mentions CSI if you needed it prior to obtaining settled status. Does it mean they will look at all the years before obtaining settled status to check if at all times you were lawfully resident here?

kammak
Newly Registered
Poland

Section 2.6 on the online AN form?

Post by kammak » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:43 pm

I'm looking at the PDF version of the AN form where in section 2.6, it asks you to provide your basis of stay in the UK and confirm if you have had CSI if you have spent time in the UK as a student or a self-sufficient person, but I can't find this section at all when completing the application online? Could someone please advise?