ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application Referrals

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gar-mrg
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application Referrals

Post by gar-mrg » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:44 pm

Hi,

I am a British Citizen by naturalisation, I am now applying for my 2 kids however, I am facing some issues with getting one of the references in which case home office expects the referral should have engaged in professional capacity with the child. I asked School and GP both refused with different reasons. I then asked to a local religious teacher who has taught our kids at our home, this person also leads prayers and conducts marriages in a local prayer hall. He has kindly agreed to do so however, before I proceed I wanted to confirm 2 things

1. if this person would be considered as a valid referral?
2. If I can use same 2 referrals for both of my kids applications or do I need to produce different referrals for each application. Please note I am submitting both applications together

Thank you in advance
GAR

gar-mrg
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Application Referrals

Post by gar-mrg » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:45 pm

Dear Experts,

Please can you help with these questions?

Thanks,
GAR

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:53 pm

1. A "religious minister" is normally an acceptable referee, as long as he knows the children and involved with them, which appears to be the case.
2. He can be referee for both children, again, if he know both.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

gar-mrg
Newly Registered

Post by gar-mrg » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Thank you very much for answering!