ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is this a Permanent Residence Card?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arktisk_rev
Newly Registered

Is this a Permanent Residence Card?

Post by Arktisk_rev » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:02 pm

Hi all,

I have Settled Status due to my wife being an EEA National. Filling in the online application for British citizenship and I'm being asked "Do you have a permanent residence card or document?"

My card is the newer pinkish blue grey card given out since this year. It says RESIDENCE CARD at the top. Under "TYPE OF SCHEME" it says EU SCHEME SETTLEMENT" and under "REMARKS" it says "WORK PERMITTED INDEFINITE LEAVE TO REMAIN".

My question is, is this considered a Permanent Residence card for the sake of the citizenship application? Please note that elsewhere on the form it asks for my "Biometric residence permit details" where I've already entered the information on the card.

Thanks!

J

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Is this a Permanent Residence Card?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:25 pm

Effectively it's a Permanent Residence card though they used to be issued under EEA regulations. You can say yes and then select the ILR Settled Status option, as far as I know.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:52 pm

Thanks for your reply. The issue is that this card was issued on 12 Jan 2021, but my Settled Status was granted on 09 July 2020. How with the Home Office view this. Obviously they should have my record of Settles Status and the date given, but seeing how they make many mistakes due to being overworked, I'm a bit nervous they will quickly see the date of 12 Jan 2021 and assume I am not yet eligible for citizenship.

Thanks again

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:01 pm

The date quoted on residency cards (BRPs) is normally the issue date of the card, not the date you were approved for status.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:50 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:01 pm
The date quoted on residency cards (BRPs) is normally the issue date of the card, not the date you were approved for status.
Ok. Lovely to hear. Thank you! :)

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:52 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:01 pm
So I loaded up the application, and tried to enter the number that's on the residence card. It starts with two letters followed by seven numbers. The applications said that only numbers are accepted. So I presume from this that for the purposes of the application, the HO does not consider this a permanent residence card? Or should I still type it in, using the numbers only? Remember I have settled status due due to my wife being an EEA national.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:00 pm

If it just asks for the number without letter suggest input as such. Unless input is rejected with error message system should allow you to continue. Difficult to see how one can read anything into this. Certainly supply your settled status details.

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:50 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:00 pm
If it just asks for the number without letter suggest input as such. Unless input is rejected with error message system should allow you to continue. Difficult to see how one can read anything into this. Certainly supply your settled status details.
The weird thing is that in the section entitled Biometric residence permit details, I typed in the information that's on the card, and in that section the letters are allowed. I suppose and I'll go ahead and retype this info in the Permanent Residence section without the two letters. I assume they they will use my name and NI number to confirm that I have settled status.