ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child application individually

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

har_p3

Referee requirement and few other questions

Post by har_p3 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:33 pm

Hi,

we are a family of three and about to finish our 12 months with ILR. We will start the naturalisation process in August. Have a few questions and was hoping if someone can help;

1. Is the referee requirement there for a child application or is it only for adults? If required for child, can it be the same Referee for all 3 of us? My estate agent (who is the director of the company) and my accountant has agreed to be the referee

2. As part of ILR process last year, we (me and partner) cleared our Life in UK test and also got English language requirement certificate through NARIC process for myself and B1 certificate for partner. Do we need to do them again for Naturlaisation or can we reuse them from last year?

Any response on above will be much appreciated.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee requirement and few other questions

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 pm

1. Children also need referees. For children the professional referee has to be someone who is involved with the child (not GPs though) - it is often difficult to find prospective referees who are willing to share their details with you. In that case you could perhaps use your own referee(s) if they know the children. Attach a note explaining.
2. LITUK doesn't expire - you just enter the pass number. You can both use your English proof from ILR (tick the appropriate box).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:10 pm

For referees for children see p10, for who count as professional referees see p25:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2.0ext.pdf
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Bash_
Syria

Post by Bash_ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:19 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 pm
1. Children also need referees. For children the professional referee has to be someone who is involved with the child (not GPs though) - it is often difficult to find prospective referees who are willing to share their details with you. In that case you could perhaps use your own referee(s) if they know the children. Attach a note explaining.
2. LITUK doesn't expire - you just enter the pass number. You can both use your English proof from ILR (tick the appropriate box).
are you sure doctors (GPs) are not accepted for children? as it says in the guidance:

"For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with
the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social
worker."

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:19 am

Oh ok I was thinking of adult naturalisation for which GP profession had been taken of the list.
So ok for child registration.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

har_p3

Child application individually

Post by har_p3 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi Experts,

Me and my Mrs. are already eligible for naturalisation. However, our child will not be eligible for another 2 months as their ILR got delayed last year. The question I have is, can i go ahead and apply for my and Mrs. as one application now and start a new application for child individually when they are eligible in 2 months? Would that cause any issue other than logistics which is fine.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child application individually

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:26 pm

har_p3 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:23 pm
Hi Experts,

Me and my Mrs. are already eligible for naturalisation. However, our child will not be eligible for another 2 months as their ILR got delayed last year. The question I have is, can i go ahead and apply for my and Mrs. as one application now and start a new application for child individually when they are eligible in 2 months? Would that cause any issue other than logistics which is fine.
The child can apply when you do. There is no 12 month period to wait for children.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

har_p3

Post by har_p3 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:25 am

That is a fantastic news. Just to be clear, she is 12 years old so there is no age limit on that rule for a child. Correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:48 am

har_p3 wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:25 am
That is a fantastic news. Just to be clear, she is 12 years old so there is no age limit on that rule for a child. Correct?
The 12 months on ilr applies to people 18 and over.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.