ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deportation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Becks149

Deportation

Post by Becks149 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:46 am

Hello, my spouse was granted entry clearance on 3rd June 2021. He is now travelling from a red list country and is quarantining in a government hotel.

I want to now end this relationship. I know that I need to inform the HO to curtail his visa but this will be a long process. If I inform the HO, what are the chances he will be deported from the hotel?

Alternatively, if I report this as a crime to HO, how long will this process take? Our communication was very weak and we had only a few pics sent for the application but despite this, the caseworker approved his application. I was very surprised.

I have sent numerous emails to UKVI to make them aware of these errors but they say nothing can be done and they are not even allowed to give me the caseworker details.

Any advice on what quick action should I take. He has only a few days left before he begins residing with me. My family are not supportive of my decision so I want something done ASAP so that no one suspects me and he gets deported from the hotel.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Deportation

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:55 am

If I inform the HO, what are the chances he will be deported from the hotel?
Unlikely. The process is not that quick tbh.
Alternatively, if I report this as a crime to HO, how long will this process take? Our communication was very weak and we had only a few pics sent for the application but despite this, the caseworker approved his application. I was very surprised.
What 'crime' exactly has been committed here??
I have sent numerous emails to UKVI to make them aware of these errors but they say nothing can be done and they are not even allowed to give me the caseworker details.
An application would have been based on the multiple documents submitted, not purely on the volume of relationship evidence.
Any advice on what quick action should I take. He has only a few days left before he begins residing with me. My family are not supportive of my decision so I want something done ASAP so that no one suspects me and he gets deported from the hotel.
Was this an arranged marriage?? There is unfortunately no quick action route. You simply have to complete the form online and that is it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:55 am
If I inform the HO, what are the chances he will be deported from the hotel?
Unlikely. The process is not that quick tbh.
What 'crime' exactly has been committed here??

Crime in the sense that he married me just to support his family financially so technically its fraud.
An application would have been based on the multiple documents submitted, not purely on the volume of relationship evidence.

I thought the financial requirement and the marriage being genuine and subsisting are the two key areas. If one area is weak, then the application should fail.
Was this an arranged marriage?? There is unfortunately no quick action route. You simply have to complete the form online and that is it.
Yes arranged marriage.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Crime in the sense that he married me just to support his family financially so technically its fraud.
Not really is it though? This is your view.
I thought the financial requirement and the marriage being genuine and subsisting are the two key areas. If one area is weak, then the application should fail.
Limited relationship evidence is needed for arranged marraiges anyway, so even if you think your case was weak, UKVI are aware of the constraints etc with arranged marriages and evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Becks149 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:46 am

Have you been coerced/forced to marry and sponsor the visa application?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm

ALKB wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:52 pm
Becks149 wrote:

No, I wasn't forced. I made a poor judgement and now I am stuck.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:27 pm

Becks149 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm
ALKB wrote:
Becks149 wrote:

Are you afraid that something bad will happen once your husband comes to live with you?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 pm

ALKB wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:27 pm
Becks149 wrote:
ALKB wrote:
Becks149 wrote:

Are you afraid that something bad will happen once your husband comes to live with you?
Something just doesn't feel right. I just don't want to go ahead with this.

Is there any other way, he can get deported other than curtailment?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 pm

Becks149 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 pm
ALKB wrote:
Becks149 wrote:
ALKB wrote:
Becks149 wrote:

Not really. Not unless he does something really stupid and even that would take a long time.

So, basically, since this was an arranged marriage, your family is reluctant to support you because your family and his family have agreed to commitments, promises have been made, maybe there are even friendships involved and a separation/divorce so soon after marriage would be a huge loss of face and embarrassment.

It's a culturally tricky situation.

I guess you are still living with your parents?

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:20 pm

ALKB wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 pm
Becks149 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:32 pm
ALKB wrote:
Becks149 wrote:
ALKB wrote:
Becks149 wrote:

Not really. Not unless he does something really stupid and even that would take a long time.

So, basically, since this was an arranged marriage, your family is reluctant to support you because your family and his family have agreed to commitments, promises have been made, maybe there are even friendships involved and a separation/divorce so soon after marriage would be a huge loss of face and embarrassment.

It's a culturally tricky situation.

I guess you are still living with your parents?
Yes I am still living with my parents. Is there a way in which I can cancel his BRP? I assume the BRP holds more significance than the vignette sticker.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:28 am

You cannot cancel his visa. Only UKVI can do that.

All you can do is inform UKVI that the relationship is no longer subsisting in the relevant form. After that it is up to UKVI what they choose to do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:24 am

If I report an immigration crime- will that be of any help? There is an option on there 'lied on application' and also the service is anonymous.

The only issue is how long will it take to take action ' could it be done before he starts residing with me
and secondly, will the police arrest him or cancel his visa and deport him.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:33 am

All you can do is just to report your relationship to UKVI and stop living with or seeing him that's it and rest leave him and UKVI alone to deal with it. the question is why are you in such a rash? deporting direct from hotel really? do you feel unsafe or something you are not telling?

you sound like you didnt want him to get the visa on the first place and thought he might not get it due to lack of docs or whatever so basically you are one here dishonest and fraud....

Note: Just a thought
Supporting family is not a crime and it should be seen as good family member. you can disagree with it but just imagine starting a new relationship next time where you say clearly that i don't like/want somebody supports his family (at the time of need or no need) then the chances your partner would say yes are very low unless he has nobody in this whole world. piece of advice reconsider your decisions before quick conclusions.

apology in advance if you feel bad

Becks149

Post by Becks149 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:42 am

wahi66 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:33 am
All you can do is just to report your relationship to UKVI and stop living with or seeing him that's it and rest leave him and UKVI alone to deal with it. the question is why are you in such a rash? deporting direct from hotel really? do you feel unsafe or something you are not telling?

you sound like you didnt want him to get the visa on the first place and thought he might not get it due to lack of docs or whatever so basically you are one here dishonest and fraud....

Supporting family is not a crime and it should be seen as good family member. you can disagree with it but just imagine starting a new relationship next time where you say clearly that i don't like/want somebody supports his family (at the time of need or no need) then the chances your partner would say yes are very low unless he has nobody in this whole world. piece of advice reconsider your decisions before quick conclusions.

I have depression and psychologically, I have already made up my mind that I won't be happy with him.

You are right that I never wanted the visa to be successful in the first place. There were errors in the application which I thought would result in the visa failing but unfortunately things didn't work out. It was a huge shock to me.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:00 am

Becks149 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:24 am
If I report an immigration crime- will that be of any help?

is it genuine crime or you are making it up?

here is an option on there 'lied on application' and also the service is anonymous.

The only issue is how long will it take to take action ' could it be done before he starts residing with me

Big NO, He is not a high profile criminal or there is no life in danger situation where authorities have to take the call urgently. all civil related actions take weeks or days or months before authorities decides to take any action.

and secondly, will the police arrest him or cancel his visa and deport him.

Again NO. since he is in the country the UKVI will follow the curtailment procedure which take weeks and also UKVI gives 28 days to the person to either leave the country or apply another visa he will get a chance to say in any situation.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:44 am

Becks149 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:42 am
wahi66 wrote:

I have depression and psychologically, I have already made up my mind that I won't be happy with him.

You are right that I never wanted the visa to be successful in the first place. There were errors in the application which I thought would result in the visa failing but unfortunately things didn't work out. It was a huge shock to me.
Were you actively or otherwise coerced or forced to go ahead with the marriage? A stich in time saves 9? All you can do is report to HO, any action or step taken is at their own discretion and are not obliged to keep you informed.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 am

Becks149 wrote:
I made a poor judgement and now I am stuck.
You are not stuck.

You do not have to let him live with you.

You do not have to let him touch you because you are married.

Rape within marriage and relationships can also occur. Remember, sex is about consent. If your partner has forced you into having sex with them, this is rape. We treat this as seriously as any other rape or sexual assault.
https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice ... l-assault/

Annul a marriage

Unlike divorce, you can apply for annulment in the first year of your marriage

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-annul-marriage

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:33 am

If you are scared of the reactions to your decisions, from anyone, report your fears to the police and they can advise you. Call 101 for non-emergency, and 999 fof an emergency.

Home Secretary Priti Patel has today published the government’s new strategy to ensure women and girls are safe everywhere - at home, online and on the streets.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tack ... y-launched

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:21 am

wahi66 wrote:
Changing your mind does not make a partner/an employer/any person "dishonest and fraud".
wahi66 wrote:
I doubt that for two reasons-
1. Not if they wanted to live in the UK, could not get a skilled visa and the only option was a marriage visa.
2.In the UK, people have a financial duty to their children first. The UK has laws on this. Wanting to give money to other family members, will not negate their financial responsibilty to their children first.

e.g. I've lost count of the number of times an absent father or second wife, has complained about how much money they are forced to pay for his children and how they are now struggling finanacially because of that.

wahi66 wrote:
Why would she feel bad?
People get divorced all the time when they discover they don't like the person they married. Some find that out quicker than others
People lose their sponsor for their visa all the time (partner, employer).

Kaykash

Post by Kaykash » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:21 am

Sorry to say but it sounds like it was marriage of convenient to bring him in UK . And now u regret.
First of all he can't here for long if u don't want him to stay here for long as this visa only for 30 months and after that he will need further extension which is totally impossible without ur consent. Meanwhile u can apply for divorce. Will take not more than a year for this process. And don't both have kids together so at the end of the visa term he automatically without visa until he does something else to stay here in UK. Something like switch over or marry with another woman or work permit etc.
So u have few options

First apply for divorce ASAP
Second contact HO and tell them you already apply for divorce so this marriage is not exist anymore so they will cancel his visa

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:30 am

Kaykash wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:21 am
First apply for divorce ASAP
Second contact HO and tell them you already apply for divorce so this marriage is not exist anymore so they will cancel his visa
Can likely apply for the annulment of the marriage?
JB007 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 am

Annul a marriage

Unlike divorce, you can apply for annulment in the first year of your marriage

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-annul-marriage

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:35 am

wahi66 wrote:
Now that I have read one of your threads, the words, pot, kettle and black spring to mind.
british-citizenship/need-advice-on-chil ... 45379.html

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:42 am

wahi66 wrote:

You are gaslighting.

On another note, there is a difference between supporting and financing. in Europe, most people do not grow up expecting to have to give money to their parents or parents-in-law on a regular basis.
My husband is from Pakistan and he is culturally expected to send money home, even though his family is richer than anybody I know in Europe. That was a bitter pill to swallow and is source of ongoing tension in our marriage.

Waiting limited

Post by Waiting limited » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:39 pm

Becks149 wrote:
Hello, my spouse was granted entry clearance on 3rd June 2021. He is now travelling from a red list country and is quarantining in a government hotel.

I want to now end this relationship. I know that I need to inform the HO to curtail his visa but this will be a long process. If I inform the HO, what are the chances he will be deported from the hotel?

Be strong and honest with yourself and him. You should talk to him clearly and explain to him that you can't see yourself with him as a partner and you think of divorce. both of you should talk to your family about this decision and things should be done friendly. in case he doesn't join you in your decision then you have to stand up for your rights and seek divorce.
Sometimes we have to give others a chance and then we decide if they deserve us or not, your life should be built on facts and actions not on words, imagination or assumptions.
Crime as a word in immigration may turn someone life upside down and will damage his future for good. I hope that you have no-body hidden behind the curtains otherwise what goes around comes around it's just a matter of time and you will drink from the same glass.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:21 pm

This sounds to me like you could very easily tell the HO that you were made to marry this man, and that you have decided that you can't continue to be forced to live with a man you're not remotely attracted to.

You're seeking an annulment of a "forced marriage" to a man who is only after a way to gain entry into the UK, he is not a genuine person, looking for a long term wife and will leave you as soon as he can without being deported.

Act quickly, as the sooner you start the ball rolling, the sooner you will be able to put this behind you. As for your family and what they want, it's your life and not their life, so you do what you want, forget tradition, you are only on the plant once and owe it to yourself to be happy. If they can't accept it, move on and leave them too.

Do not let yourself be forced to live with him or sleep with him, as the previous poster said.

If you can't bring yourself to bring shame on them, then you've been brainwashed into believing that you owe them something you do not, I'm a parent, and I would never impose who I wanted my child to marry on them, or expect my child to keep in my old age, quite the opposite.

It's a disgrace and a tradition that needs to end.