ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave or Naturalistion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fayazswati
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave or Naturalistion

Post by fayazswati » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:44 am

Hi ,

I need some advise on if i can apply for daughter and Indefinite Leave to Remain or Naturalisation. My Daughter and wife are both on dependant Visa 2nd extension issued 3 months before. I and my 3 year old daughter born here both are British citizens. My family came here on dependant visa in June/2018 can i apply for my Wife and Daughter Indefinite or Naturalisation or can only for my daughter as she is 7 years old.

please advise on i am new to this website.

Kind Regards

Muhammad

Casa

Re: Indefinite Leave or Naturalistion

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:53 am

Your wife and 7 year old daughter will follow the same immigration route. Once they have completed 5 years of residence on their current visas they will be able to apply for ILR.

As you are a British citizen, assuming all the standard requirements have been met, after being granted ILR they will then be able to apply for British citizenship, without waiting to complete a further 12 month period.

I assume your wife and daughter are on a family settlement visa at present?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fayazswati
Newly Registered

Post by fayazswati » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:59 am

Hi Casa,

Thank you for the reply but heard from on friend i can apply under discretion for daughter after she spent 3 year in uk

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:04 pm

fayazswati wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:59 am
Hi Casa,

Thank you for the reply but heard from on friend i can apply under discretion for daughter after she spent 3 year in uk

Thanks
Stop listening to friends.

Children born abroad need ilr and she must apply when your wife does.

There is no shortcut route for children born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.