ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch to different field job after GTV visa

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Scientist 123
Newly Registered
India

Switch to different field job after GTV visa

Post by Scientist 123 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi all, I need bit of confirmation and clarity. I have global talent visa for five years ( don't also why I took it for five years) in the biology domain. Now I want to switch my job to data science which is a computational domain. My question is am I allowed to work in same visa? The official documentation does not say i can not move to different field that i have been endorsed.

I am assuming unless I submitting request to ILR, where I do have to show that I have been working in a field where I am endorsed, i can work in any field ( barring medical etc)

Is this correct? Please do respond. Thanks a ton!

fredprvn
Newly Registered

Re: Switch to different field job after GTV visa

Post by fredprvn » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:59 pm

Scientist 123 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:13 pm
Hi all, I need bit of confirmation and clarity. I have global talent visa for five years ( don't also why I took it for five years) in the biology domain. Now I want to switch my job to data science which is a computational domain. My question is am I allowed to work in same visa? The official documentation does not say i can not move to different field that i have been endorsed.

I am assuming unless I submitting request to ILR, where I do have to show that I have been working in a field where I am endorsed, i can work in any field ( barring medical etc)

Is this correct? Please do respond. Thanks a ton!
The ILR application asks for "Evidence you have earned money in the UK as a result of your employment or self employment in the expert field for which you are endorsed by a Designated Competent Body."

In short, you need to show you've earned money in your expert filed.

All the best,
F

gtv007
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Switch to different field job after GTV visa

Post by gtv007 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:02 pm

You can work as a selfemployed or can do a job in any filed (except the bar about Dentist and sportmen in GTV). During LR application, you need shows that you haved earn in the field of endorsement . the earning can be some time of during your global talent visa but must not required during the ILR application.