ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Single notice procedure for TV licensing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marli88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Single notice procedure for TV licensing

Post by Marli88 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:15 am

Hi guys,

I wonder if you could help me , please.
I've been living here since June 2014.

Unfortunately, I had a single procedure notice because of the TV Licensing while changing addresses. The previous was paid in full (yearly instead of monthly), so when I moved out and took it with me I also became unemployment and didn't change it from yearly to monthly. Long story short, DD was cancelled, the officers went home and I told him the truth. He gave me a notice and 4 months later I had to plea guilty, pay a fine and all is good not.

I've moved address after that and made sure I had my payments on a monthly basis instead of yearly.

Obviously, I WILL DISCLOSE THAT ON MY BRITISH APPLICATION, but just wanted to know if any of you had something similar and still had an approved application for the British citizenship?

I also had a housing benefit overpayment, all paid by now, and tax credit which . still paying £50 a month.

Do you think this could eventuality be used to deny my application? Will it be better to wait 4 more years when I complete 11 years of residency and then apply?

Thanks in advance.

Marli88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: Single notice procedure for TV licensing

Post by Marli88 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi,
Could anyone help me with my question please?

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:18 pm

My opinion but I really don't think this would affect your good character requirement.

Marli88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Marli88 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:37 pm

Thanks a lot. Is not recorded in the Police National record, but I will still disclose it.
I truly hope it doesn't. I'm worried about that and some unemployment gaps while Jobseekers allowance because if that, so stressful CSI.

All the best for all of us. Will keep you updated

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:39 am

If you are e EU citizen request to your home country a S041 form, get if officially translated in English. That proves you were covered by your home country health care system until you moved your residence abroad.

Marli88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Marli88 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:41 am

Really, I didn't no about it. Thanks you so so much. Will have a look and keep you guys updated.

Marli88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Marli88 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:52 am

Marli88 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:41 am
Really, I didn't know about it. Thanks you so so much. Will have a look and keep you guys updated.

Marli88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Marli88 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:56 am

I've just researched it and is helpful in some circumstances. The main thing is to prove that I was a Jobseeker and therefore exercising my treaty rights. I have proves of everything (emails and job application job seekers letters).

The S041 form could play on my favour, but o my while I was living in my EU country. Now once I've moved to England that doesn't really play on my favour cause it was only valid while I was in my home country.

Thank you for your support anyways.
I will submit my application by October. Let's hope everything will be on my favour

magicsign
Italy

Post by magicsign » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:43 am

If you didn't move your residence abroad that means you were still covered by your home country national health care system (uk was still in the European Union). If you can get it, translate it and attach it to your application, better than nothing :wink:

Marli88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Marli88 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:33 am

Alright, I see. I had eventually changed it. But will have to track that down. Thanks again.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:02 am

Marli88 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:56 am
I've just researched it and is helpful in some circumstances. The main thing is to prove that I was a Jobseeker and therefore exercising my treaty rights. I have proves of everything (emails and job application job seekers letters).

The S041 form could play on my favour, but o my while I was living in my EU country. Now once I've moved to England that doesn't really play on my favour cause it was only valid while I was in my home country.
magicsign wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:43 am
If you didn't move your residence abroad that means you were still covered by your home country national health care system (uk was still in the European Union). If you can get it, translate it and attach it to your application, better than nothing :wink:
If you claimed jobseeker welfare benefits from the UK, you could only claim that if you were resident in the UK.

You could only visit the UK for 3 months and the UK keeps records of those who enter the UK and when they exit.

Marli88
Newly Registered
Portugal

Post by Marli88 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:42 am

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I was living in the UK while claiming JSA (it was a mandatory requirement, other wise I would have committed fraud);

I also have proof of claiming it and proofs that I was looking for work (email sent and answers from job applications made).
My only concern is, and I would kindly appreciate if someone could help me understand that):
- can my application be rejected for having a total of unemployment gaps over 6 months?? Did I need CSI for these periods, eventhough I was classed as a Jobseeker??

- also, the TV licencing situation, which happened back in 12/07/2018, it's been 3 years since. Am I correct to conclude that I can now apply??

- additionally, I don't remember having declared that penalty (about the TV licensing l, which was a single notice procedure and a £130 fine when I attended the magistrates) neither on my ILR or, prior to that, on me REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE.
Can this affect my application??
My understanding at that time was, because I didn't go to court, by rather the magistrates and I paid the fine it won't come up as a criminal conviction, therefore, I had answered "NO" to all fields related to the questions about crime including "other penalties".... ..... ....which now, looking back, I can see it would made sense to have said "yes".

Can someone please help me with this questions. Not just the CSI, but the TV licensing part of it. I will, obviously, declare it on my application, just need to understand if I stand a chance.

Thanks in advance.