ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 to Long Residence Question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Long residence ILR

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:02 pm

Hi. Regarding this topic, I will be eligible for 10 years Long Residence, less than a full year after I received my Tier 1 Extension. Am I still eligible to apply when I reach 10 years, even if it hasn't been a full year of employment time for my employees, post extension? Is the mandate simply that I maintain 2 employees the entire time between when my extension was granted and when I reach 10 years and apply for ILR?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long residence ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:23 pm

Please do not tag your questions onto otherembers topics.

Long residence ilr is based on legal residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wanttostayintheuk
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 1 to Long Residence Question

Post by wanttostayintheuk » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:18 pm

Hello. I will soon be coming up to my 10 year anniversary in the UK, and I plan to apply for long residence. I am currently on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa, having received my extension at the beginning of this year. My question is, are the people evaluating long residence going to scrutinise what I have been doing with my business since the extension, or are they simply checking that I had 10 years of continuous residence?

For example, are they going to look at the time since my extension to ensure I am following whatever rules there might be? I am actually not sure what the employment rules are in this scenario.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 to Long Residence Question

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:28 pm

1. Topics Merged!!

2. Please do NOT post ILR questions in the Tier 1 Entrepreneur sub forum. Keep all your questions in this topic in the ILR sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.