ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR(m) self-employed payments under Cat F

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

"Evidence of monthly housing costs" when own your house without mortgage

Post by muffinman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi,

Working through my ILR(m) and need to submit the document "Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live. For example, a tenancy or mortgage agreement"

We own our house outright so don't have a mortgage or tenancy agreement. Council tax is already a requested document on the list ... so wondering what do I put in here?

Thanks for any advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: "Evidence of monthly housing costs" when own your house without mortgage

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:21 pm

muffinman wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:16 pm
Hi,

Working through my ILR(m) and need to submit the document "Evidence of monthly housing costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live. For example, a tenancy or mortgage agreement"

We own our house outright so don't have a mortgage or tenancy agreement. Council tax is already a requested document on the list ... so wondering what do I put in here?

Thanks for any advice.
You will state that house is outrightly yours, mortgage fully paid. If any documentation to back this up then you put it here.

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Thanks for the fast reply. We recently bought the house outright as a cash purchase so there are no mortgage documents. We have the contract of sale which I guess should be sufficient? The only other thing we could do is order Title Registry and Title Plan for the property but that's another £50 I'd rather not spend if its not needed.

Cheers

MMWM
BANNED

Post by MMWM » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:27 pm

muffinman wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm
Thanks for the fast reply. We recently bought the house outright as a cash purchase so there are no mortgage documents. We have the contract of sale which I guess should be sufficient? The only other thing we could do is order Title Registry and Title Plan for the property but that's another £50 I'd rather not spend if its not needed.

Cheers
You can also just send the cover note explaining your position on house and also cheap option is to send the official house title deed just cost £3 online.

if you bought the house recently and you might also has all the paperwork specially exchange paperwork of the house should contain enough information to show your ownership of the house.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:07 pm

muffinman wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Cheers
MMWM has given detailed response to cover the scenario of purchase you depicted. Thank him for saving you £47, the online one he referred to is readily acceptable.

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

ILR(m) self-employed payments under Cat F

Post by muffinman » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:15 pm

Hi,

I am about to submit my application for ILR(m) using my self-employed income under CAT F to meet the financial requirements. I quite easily am over the required threshold however each payment into my personal account does not match the same figures that are on the payslips and dividend vouchers. My accountant had advised to transfer amounts from my business account to my personal account that combine salary, dividend and repayment of out-of-pocket expenses. It all adds up correctly at the end of the financial year and is submitted to HMRC correctly.

So - I can explain all of this in a cover letter with my application but do you think it will be a problem and do you have any other advice before I submit the application?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR(m) self-employed payments under Cat F

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:22 am

You can do that
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:23 am

Thanks a lot. Our solicitor provided a copy of the house deeds without cost so this one is sorted now. Cheers

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:25 am

sorry replied to wrong thread and can't delete it. But thank you too

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:33 am

Update for anyone in the same situation ... my ILR(m) was just granted using my self-employed income under category F.

The payments from my business account to personal account where adhoc and in large chunks combining dividend, salary and out-of-pocket expenses. I just did a separate cover letter explaining all the transactions and how it added up.

All good !