ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions regarding spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Leave to remain extension

Post by ORQ94 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:02 pm

Hi,
I am going to apply for spouse visa extension (leave to remain). In the documents Checklist I have found that the Home office ask for a document "Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks". Can someone please tell me what this document is about?

Thanks,

MMWM
BANNED

Re: Leave to remain extension

Post by MMWM » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:17 pm

ORQ94 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:02 pm
Hi,
I am going to apply for spouse visa extension (leave to remain). In the documents Checklist I have found that the Home office ask for a document "Any relevant declarations or third party consent to request verification checks". Can someone please tell me what this document is about?

Thanks,
Hello

These docs are consent from the applicant and the sponsors to give consent to run the checks on the application related like checks to carried out on the submitted documents from banks employer and other related organizations. this is a must form to submit without it the application will be consider incomplete.
hope it will help

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:50 pm

ORQ94 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:02 pm
Hi,

Thanks,
Usually first is signed by applicant, second by sponsor and third as Not Applicable or NA

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Post by ORQ94 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi,
Can you please tell me, where can I find that form?
If you please share a link that might be helpful.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:02 pm

ORQ94 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:01 pm
Hi,
Can you please tell me, where can I find that form?
If you please share a link that might be helpful.

Thanks,
It is at the end of the online application process. You download the consent forms.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Post by ORQ94 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:50 pm

Thank you so much for help

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Question regarding visa extension

Post by ORQ94 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:30 am

Hello,
I am currently on a "leave to remain" spouse visa that is soon going to expire. I just want to know how much time needs to be left in my current BRP before I can apply for extension?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Question regarding visa extension

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:42 am

ORQ94 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:30 am
Hello,
I am currently on a "leave to remain" spouse visa that is soon going to expire. I just want to know how much time needs to be left in my current BRP before I can apply for extension?

Thanks
There is no minimum time left requirement. You simply need to apply, submit and pay online before your visa expires, even if it is the day your visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Question regarding Proof of address

Post by ORQ94 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:52 pm

Hi,
I am applying for extension "leave to remain spouse visa" after 2.5 years of spouse visa. I have few questions in relation to proof of address.
1) Do the statements or letters need to cover the last 2 years?
2) If the documents needs to cover the last 2 years then if I have have opened a new back account few months ago, can I use that account as a proof of address?
3) Can I use a driving licence?
4) Can I use broadband Bills? If I can then would it be fine to use the printed copy of onlion Bills or needs to be sent from the company?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Question regarding Proof of address

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:13 am

ORQ94 wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:52 pm
Hi,
I am applying for extension "leave to remain spouse visa" after 2.5 years of spouse visa. I have few questions in relation to proof of address.
1) Do the statements or letters need to cover the last 2 years?
2) If the documents needs to cover the last 2 years then if I have have opened a new back account few months ago, can I use that account as a proof of address?
3) Can I use a driving licence?
4) Can I use broadband Bills? If I can then would it be fine to use the printed copy of onlion Bills or needs to be sent from the company?

Thanks
The letters are used as evidence of cohabitation/address. Such should cover the lat 2 years and evenly spaced 3-4months apart. 6 of such letters if in joint names or 12 if individually addressed.
You can use the letter that accompanied the licence from DVSA.
Broadband bills usable an online downloaded copies accepted. No need to print as you are to upload.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:53 am

We have just had a successful application.

We sent gas, electric and water bills (in joint names) and car/home insurance, other bank papers (statements, voting forms etc), V5 (car reg doc, shows when car bought), NHS registration papers, driving licence and Inland Revenue correspondence (letter with refund).

Fortunately, I do not throw papers away as I was surprised to learn the sponsor too has to have a 2-year trail of official papers.

Edwardo
Mood:

Post by Edwardo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:54 am

We have just had a successful application.

We sent gas, electric and water bills (in joint names) and car/home insurance, other bank papers (statements, voting forms etc), V5 (car reg doc, shows when car bought), NHS registration papers, driving licence and Inland Revenue correspondence (letter with refund).

Fortunately, I do not throw papers away as I was surprised to learn the sponsor too has to have a 2-year trail of official papers.

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Post by ORQ94 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:19 pm

Thank you so much

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Post by ORQ94 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:32 pm

Hi,
A provisional driving license along with accompanied letter from DVLA and theory test result. Can all these be used as a one form of proof of address?
Thank.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:15 pm

ORQ94 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:32 pm
Hi,
A provisional driving license along with accompanied letter from DVLA and theory test result. Can all these be used as a one form of proof of address?
Thank.
Yes can be used.

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Post by ORQ94 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:04 pm

Thank you so much

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Questions regarding spouse visa

Post by ORQ94 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 am

Hello,

I am applying for "leave to remain spouse Visa extension" after 2.5 years. I have couple of questions.
Firstly, my visa expires in the end of November this year. Can I apply from now or does it have to be in the last 28 days?

Secondly, I am working full-time at the moment and planning to go part-time in the next month or so. Do I have to specify in the application form that I am planning to go part-time or there is no need?
Regarding the annual income, me and my spouse income will still exceed £30000 even if I go part-time.
Thanks.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Questions regarding spouse visa

Post by TODMATT » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:19 am

ORQ94 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 am
Hello,

I am applying for "leave to remain spouse Visa extension" after 2.5 years. I have couple of questions.
Firstly, my visa expires in the end of November this year. Can I apply from now or does it have to be in the last 28 days? Did you arrive on a spouse visa or you switched from another visa category within the UK?

Secondly, I am working full-time at the moment and planning to go part-time in the next month or so. Do I have to specify in the application form that I am planning to go part-time or there is no need?
Regarding the annual income, me and my spouse income will still exceed £30000 even if I go part-time.
Thanks.
No need but your employer will explain your circumstances in their employment letter.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Post by ORQ94 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:34 am

Hello,

I have switched from another visa to spouse visa, so can I apply before 28 days?

And another question, I forgot to ask.
In the application form it says, "Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following? - a British citizen, a person settled in the uk etc. I don't know whether to mark "Yes" or "No" to this question

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:00 pm

ORQ94 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:34 am
Hello,

I have switched from another visa to spouse visa, so can I apply before 28 days?

And another question, I forgot to ask.
In the application form it says, "Is your current entry clearance or leave to remain as the partner of one of the following? - a British citizen, a person settled in the uk etc. I don't know whether to mark "Yes" or "No" to this question

Thanks
What is the status of your partner/spouse in UK? The answer helps you. It should be a yes as on ly BC or settled person sponsor spouse visa.

ORQ94
Newly Registered

Post by ORQ94 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:51 am

Thank you for your response. Yes my partner is a British citizen so I need to put "Yes" to the question, right?

In regards to my previous question, do I need to apply within the last 28 days or can I apply before that? As mentioned earlier I have switched from another visa when i was first granted "leave to remain spouse visa".

Your help will be appreciated. Thank you.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:30 am

1. Yes 28 days before your visa is due to expire.
2. Your current visa is based on your partner who is a British citizen so the answer is yes.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.