ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

National Insurance Number question in the form

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bamblue
Newly Registered

National Insurance Number question in the form

Post by bamblue » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:14 am

I've submitted my application form and the bio-metric appointment is in 10 days. One of the questions in the application form asked me whether I have a national insurance number. I selected 'no' because by the time I filled in the form I have not received any letters/communication although I've applied for the number in January. If I select 'yes' to the question, it then asks me for the actual number which I do not have.

Just three days ago, I rang the national insurance helpline to follow up and the agent said my number has already been allocated months ago but they did not send me any letters. So the agent will arrange a letter with my national insurance number to be sent but she was not allowed to tell me my number over the phone.

So given the current situation that the application was already made, should I write a cover letter explaining the situation before the appointment and upload it to the portal? Although that I now know my number has been allocated, I still don't know what the number is, so I would still have to select 'no' in the form. But in fact it is not true, as I do have my number allocated. What should I do?

Waseem432000
Mood:

Re: National Insurance Number question in the form

Post by Waseem432000 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:59 pm

Since you have already submitted the application, you can’t really change anything in the application. You could write a reference letter and upload that in your documents list.

I am not sure if staff at your biometrics has the rights to edit anything in the application. I recently applied for my skilled worker extension and my dependents also applied with me. We didn’t had my daughter’s passport due to backlog in Pak’s embassy so i submitted the application after declaring that I couldn’t provide her passport as she was born in the UK but on our biometric appointment last week, the staff member taking our biometrics uploaded her passport which we received a week before and also mentioned that in the application.