ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Husband, Pakistani wife - Schengen Visa Query

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

b1234567
Pakistan

British Husband, Pakistani wife - Schengen Visa Query

Post by b1234567 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:41 pm

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if someone could clarify something for me.

My wife is Pakistani and is here in the UK on a spouse visa - I’m a British citizen.
We have applied for schengen visas twice before with no problems but I just wanted to confirm there was no real difference in the process ,post-brexit, except that you now apply for a tourist visa rather than as partner of an EU/EEA citizen - is this correct?
Has anybody applied for a schengen visa recently and how strict are they when it comes to providing travel itinerary and hotel bookings? The reason I ask is because when I applied for previous schengen visas for my wife (as a spouse of British citizen)…despite booking hotel and flights before applying for the visa, they never actually checked!

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Husband, Pakistani wife - Schengen Visa Query

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:24 am

EEA/EU regulations no longer apply to the UK.
Your wife as a visa-national needs to apply for a Schengen visa to the country where you'll spend most of your time.
Check the consulate website for specifics.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.