ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Travel Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Fuzion619_619
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Travel Questions

Post by Fuzion619_619 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:05 am

Hi,

My wife is currently on a Spouse Visa in the UK. She got Visa in Feb 2020 and it is valid till Nov 2022. We will be applying for a Spouse Visa Extension in 2022.

We haven’t traveled anywhere outside the UK yet (pandemic) and she needs to travel to India soon for 2-3 months.

I just want to make sure few things if it’s ok to ask please as I am unable to find valid answers as they vary and contradicts each other? Thanks:

Q1: What is the maximum time period to stay outside of the UK on a spouse visa?
Q2: Can you stay outside of the UK for 2-3 months on a spouse visa?
Q3: Will it affect the spouse visa extension application if you stay out of the UK for 2-3 months?
Q4: Can someone please explain how the Home Office calculates being out of the UK on Spouse Visa and being in the UK? I believe you have to be in the UK for at least 2 years and 5 months, then apply for an extension, stay for another 2 years and 5 months = total 5 years and then apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK and then apply for the British Citizenship. Is this correct please?

Thank you very much for your time and support. Really appreciate it.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa - Travel Questions

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:34 am

Fuzion619_619 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:05 am
Hi,

My wife is currently on a Spouse Visa in the UK. She got Visa in Feb 2020 and it is valid till Nov 2022. We will be applying for a Spouse Visa Extension in 2022.

We haven’t traveled anywhere outside the UK yet (pandemic) and she needs to travel to India soon for 2-3 months.

I just want to make sure few things if it’s ok to ask please as I am unable to find valid answers as they vary and contradicts each other? Thanks:

Q1: What is the maximum time period to stay outside of the UK on a spouse visa? There is no time limite for those on the spouse visa route
Q2: Can you stay outside of the UK for 2-3 months on a spouse visa? Yes, however ensure that the generation of items of correspondence or cohabitation will not be affected.
Q3: Will it affect the spouse visa extension application if you stay out of the UK for 2-3 months? No
Q4: Can someone please explain how the Home Office calculates being out of the UK on Spouse Visa and being in the UK? I believe you have to be in the UK for at least 2 years and 5 months, then apply for an extension, stay for another 2 years and 5 months = total 5 years and then apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK and then apply for the British Citizenship. Is this correct please?

Thank you very much for your time and support. Really appreciate it.
Total of 30months -28days after entering UK on initial spouse visa then apply for FLRM.
Total of 60months -28days and qualify to apply SET(M)