ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirement questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Davin
Pakistan

Financial Requirement questions

Post by Davin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:45 pm

Dear members

My Mrs will apply for spouse visa next week and I am her sponsor.

I work as a day rate contractor via an agency. I am on agency’s payroll (Not Umbrella). I have been working for the same client for past 18 months but back in April they changed their agency and my employment contract was transferred from old agency to new agency. I see this as a slightly tricky situation as although technically I have been working for same client, company that pays me and provides me payslips has changed.

Q 1: Am I correct in saying this will be considered a new employment?

I have got a letter from my new agency which confirms details such as my start of employment with them, my contract end date (DEC21 subject to agreed extension), client name (company I actually work for), job title and day rate. Additionally it also confirm that my employment was transferred from previous agency to them on XYZ date.

Q 2: Based on my situation, is it okay to apply under category B as I have been with new agency for less 6 months?

3: My understanding is that under category B, (1) I need to prove my current annual income is above 18600 and, (2) I have earned 18600 in last 12 months at the point of application.

For part 1, I have used annualised average income method from appendix FM to calculate my annual income using weekly approach as I get paid weekly and income is easily above the threshold.
For part 2, my total gross earning in past few months with new agency will be just above £19K when we submit the application next week or so. Q 3: Do I still need to provide bank statements and payslips covering full last 12 months or is it okay to just provide payslips with new agency as I will have met the requirement to have earned more than 18600 in last 12 months just by using new agency payslips?

Q 4: This month I moved house (will apply next month). My new landlord lives in. I have got property inspection report and also landlord will provide a letter confirming okay for my Mrs to stay with me in that property (until I sort my separate accommodation). Is Lodger Agreement acceptable by home office?

Your help is highly appreciated.

divinekarma
Newly Registered

Re: Financial Requirement questions

Post by divinekarma » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:28 am

Hi Davin,

My case is exactly same as yours :-) am gonna apply for my wife next month. could you pls help me with below
1) do we need to select salaried employed or non-salaried employed.?
2) how did you calculated your annual gross salary as for certain weeks with holidays there is less pay
3) Did you manage to get an employment letter from the agency..?

Thanks in advance.
Regards
DK

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:02 am

divinekarma wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:28 am
Hi Davin,

My case is exactly same as yours :-) am gonna apply for my wife next month. could you pls help me with below
2) how did you calculated your annual gross salary as for certain weeks with holidays there is less pay

Thanks in advance.
Regards
DK
Hi DK

Please see below my response based on my understanding. I am still waiting for group members to answer questions I have asked so response could change depending on what others think.

Day rate should be considered non salaried employment as per my understanding of the guidance

“..Non-salaried employment includes that paid at an hourly or other rate (and the number and/or pattern of hours required to be worked may vary) or paid an amount which varies according to the work undertaken. Salaried employment includes that paid at a minimum fixed rate (usually annual) which is usually subject to a contractual minimum number of hours to be worked” - Its from “appendix-fm-1-7-financial-requirement-v7.0-ext” page 19

I used annualised average method given in the guidance

“….To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category B the following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from non-salaried employment in the period prior to the date of application for which that employment has been held) divided by the number of months and multiplied by 12 (or by the number of weeks and multiplied by 52 where payment is weekly, or by the number of days and multiplied by 365 where payment is daily) = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.”
I think I am category B as I have been with current agency for less than 6 months. I have used total gross income from start date with new agency to to-date divided by number of weeks from start to to-date and multiplied by 52 (because I get paid weekly)

Yes, they did provide a letter confirming start date, end date, client name and day rate etc.

divinekarma
Newly Registered

Post by divinekarma » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:12 am

Thanks Davin.

Even i am with the new agency for less than 6 months, but the client is same for me as well since 18mnths.

did you get a letter from your previous agency as well..? Getting a letter from these agencies is a nightmare for me, they don't respond even after multiple emails.

its so confusing the guidance doc talks about cat A, CAT B..etc, but i don't see any of them while filling the application. All it asks for is, if we are with the current employer for less than 6months, do you want to add your previous employment and how much was the gross.

Regards
DK

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:23 am

divinekarma wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:12 am
Thanks Davin.

Even i am with the new agency for less than 6 months, but the client is same for me as well since 18mnths.

did you get a letter from your previous agency as well..? Getting a letter from these agencies is a nightmare for me, they don't respond even after multiple emails.

its so confusing the guidance doc talks about cat A, CAT B..etc, but i don't see any of them while filling the application. All it asks for is, if we are with the current employer for less than 6months, do you want to add your previous employment and how much was the gross.

Regards
DK
We have not yet finished the form filling as I need to clarify questions in my original post above. I stopped at Financial section of the form. So far it hasn't asked for category A, B C stuff.

I think when I selected less than 6 months, it did ask for previous employment details and gross amount etc. So will get those figures and add.

I don't think you need a letter from previous employer but you do need to prove you earned more than 18600 in 12 months prior to application date. So payslips from previous employer and bank statements showing money in should be enough in my view.

divinekarma
Newly Registered

Post by divinekarma » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:41 am

Thanks Davin,

I have filled the form but just stopped before paying the IHS as it will freeze the form.
i took a print to verify, identify all queries, correct everything and then reDo when i'm ready. hope it helps.

Regards
DK

Davin
Pakistan

Online pdf Bank Statements

Post by Davin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:22 am

Hi all,

Is it acceptable to use online pdf statements that look exactly like paper statements?

If we use online statements, are we required to get a letter from the bank confirming they are genuine?

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:25 am

Davin wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:22 am
Hi all,

Is it acceptable to use online pdf statements that look exactly like paper statements? Yes

If we use online statements, are we required to get a letter from the bank confirming they are genuine?

Thanks
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:27 am

TODMATT wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:25 am
Davin wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:22 am
Hi all,

Is it acceptable to use online pdf statements that look exactly like paper statements? Yes

Thanks

Thanks for quick response TODMATT. So I assume no requirement to get a letter if they are acceptable?

Regards

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:31 am

Many have successfully used their online statements without any issues. The UKVI have relaxed the rules a little bit so we have tons of people used PDF statement.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:34 am

Thats reassuring. Thank you :)