ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension implications of time spent outside UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thisissparta1
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Tier 2 Extension implications of time spent outside UK

Post by thisissparta1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:20 am

Hi All,

just wanted to check if anyone has any answers for the following.

My Tier 2 Visa was granted to me on 1-09-2020 successfully. Since then I have spent a lot of time overseas due to many reasons (partners health, getting stuck overseas due to covid, holiday). This accounts to nearly 5-6 months.

I have just submitted my visa extension application (CoS assigned, application sent, IHS paid, biometric appointment booked etc) ... I wanted to find out if there will be any implications for me spending so much time out of the country whilst having a UK Tier work visa; i.e. can my extension get declined based on the above ?

I know that eventually there is implications when applying for ILR (spending more that 180s outside in a year) but will there be any for an Tier 2 extension ?

Please help if anyone has knowledge on this; I cannot find any info online

thisissparta1
Newly Registered
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Tier 2 Extension implications of time spent outside UK

Post by thisissparta1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:30 am

just a further note; my extension application was made whilst I was in the UK (not overseas)