ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deportation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Waiting limited

Re: Deportation

Post by Waiting limited » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:12 am

THO wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:21 pm
This sounds to me like you could very easily tell the HO that you were made to marry this man, and that you have decided that you can't continue to be forced to live with a man you're not remotely attracted to.

You're seeking an annulment of a "forced marriage" to a man who is only after a way to gain entry into the UK, he is not a genuine person, looking for a long term wife and will leave you as soon as he can without being deported.

Act quickly, as the sooner you start the ball rolling, the sooner you will be able to put this behind you. As for your family and what they want, it's your life and not their life, so you do what you want, forget tradition, you are only on the plant once and owe it to yourself to be happy. If they can't accept it, move on and leave them too.

Do not let yourself be forced to live with him or sleep with him, as the previous poster said. I never suggest in my post to live with him or to sleep with him. I don't know which tradition you mean but I believe that we MUST keep the good intention with others until something wrong comes up and then we decide what is good for us. From a perspective of a brave woman, a chance in such situation means to check his mind set, is he responsible financially( he's the main provider financially in marriage and also has NO bearing on her money). respect her dignity at all time, willing to communicate and join decision. upbringing children on honesty, love, care, good morals like good intention. marriage is a project where involves children as well( generation) we must teach them noble social skills, help them to achieve a strong personality until they reach adult age. this generation will love parents in health and sickness and if they look after them at old age that because they love them and love to be close to them same applies for neighbours, friends, society.

If you can't bring yourself to bring shame on them, then you've been brainwashed into believing that you owe them something you do not, I'm a parent, and I would never impose who I wanted my child to marry on them, or expect my child to keep in my old age, quite the opposite.

It's a disgrace and a tradition that needs to end.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:18 am

Contact the Forced Marriage Unit (FMU) if you’re trying to stop a forced marriage or you need help leaving a marriage you’ve been forced into.

Forced Marriage Unit
fmu@fcdo.gov.uk
Telephone: 020 7008 0151
From overseas: +44 (0)20 7008 0151
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Out of hours: 020 7008 1500 (ask for the Global Response Centre)
Find out about call charges

Call 999 in an emergency.

A trained professional will give you free advice on what to do next.

They can also help you:

find a safe place to stay
stop a UK visa if you’ve been forced to sponsor someone

What forced marriage is

You have the right to choose who you marry, when you marry or if you marry at all.

Forced marriage is when you face physical pressure to marry (for example, threats, physical violence or sexual violence) or emotional and psychological pressure (eg if you’re made to feel like you’re bringing shame on your family)

https://www.gov.uk/stop-forced-marriage

Lots of help, contact numbers and advice on the "Rights of Women helping women through the law" site too.
https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-inform ... 20Services

They also say of a marriage annulment (instead of divorce)-

The most common way of ending a forced marriage that is legally recognised is annulment. Annulment is different to divorce and if your marriage is annulled it will put you back to the position you were in before the marriage took place. This can be important if for religious or cultural reasons you do not want to get divorced. For more information about annulment speak to our legal advice line or a solicitor. If your marriage is annulled you will have the same rights to matrimonial finances and property as if you were getting divorced.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:29 am

"Even if you say you agree to marry, this does not always mean you have consented."

"If you are unsure whether you have or are being forced into a marriage, you can find more information here or contact one of the organisations listed at the end of this guide."
https://rightsofwomen.org.uk/get-inform ... 20marriage?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:39 pm

Waiting limited wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:12 am
THO wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:21 pm
This sounds to me like you could very easily tell the HO that you were made to marry this man, and that you have decided that you can't continue to be forced to live with a man you're not remotely attracted to.

You're seeking an annulment of a "forced marriage" to a man who is only after a way to gain entry into the UK, he is not a genuine person, looking for a long term wife and will leave you as soon as he can without being deported.

Act quickly, as the sooner you start the ball rolling, the sooner you will be able to put this behind you. As for your family and what they want, it's your life and not their life, so you do what you want, forget tradition, you are only on the plant once and owe it to yourself to be happy. If they can't accept it, move on and leave them too.

Do not let yourself be forced to live with him or sleep with him, as the previous poster said. I never suggest in my post to live with him or to sleep with him. I don't know which tradition you mean but I believe that we MUST keep the good intention with others until something wrong comes up and then we decide what is good for us. From a perspective of a brave woman, a chance in such situation means to check his mind set, is he responsible financially( he's the main provider financially in marriage and also has NO bearing on her money). respect her dignity at all time, willing to communicate and join decision. upbringing children on honesty, love, care, good morals like good intention. marriage is a project where involves children as well( generation) we must teach them noble social skills, help them to achieve a strong personality until they reach adult age. this generation will love parents in health and sickness and if they look after them at old age that because they love them and love to be close to them same applies for neighbours, friends, society.

If you can't bring yourself to bring shame on them, then you've been brainwashed into believing that you owe them something you do not, I'm a parent, and I would never impose who I wanted my child to marry on them, or expect my child to keep in my old age, quite the opposite.

It's a disgrace and a tradition that needs to end.
I never suggested you say she sleeps with him, I suggested she takes your advice and does not.

And it is a disgraceful tradition that parents get to choose who their daughter should marry, and for her to feel obliged to go along with it, for fear of going against this tradition and her parents wishes. This is the UK, women here should be free to decide their loved ones and make their own choices in life and career, and not be told what to do.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:13 pm

Topic locked.

It is not for members to rant and negatively berate other cultures and traditions. Please desist form doing so in topics.

If you cannot post with respect, then please simply read and move on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.