ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent extension after Tier 2 spouse got ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Greatexpat
India

PBS dependent extension after Tier 2 spouse got ILR

Post by Greatexpat » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Hi all,

I have got my ILR in October 2020 after being on Tier 2 for 5 years. My wife joined me in UK on Tier 2 dependent visa in March 2018 and her visa is valid till the 23-08-2020. I want to get an extension for her for another 3 years so that she gets eligible for ILR and with extra time to spare. I had the following queries and was wondering if someone can please provide answers-

1) Which is the correct form for her? Is this the correct one?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

2) What are the documents that are needed to be submitted? Is there a list?

3) When can I fill the form? How many days before expiry?.

4) My wife had her visa application for Tier 2 rejected but the rejection was overturned as it was case worker error. Do she need to mention this detail in query that have you ever been refused visa?

5) Which guidance to use for the form?
I found the below 2 links but the information seems light on details for above queries and no details for extension of visa. It seems only for new application. There is guidance which covers all details but it was withdrawn on 3rd March 2021 and no equivalent update issued.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... led-worker

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s-v1.0.pdf (From December2020)

I would really be grateful if someone can please answer these queries or some of the queries.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependent extension after Tier 2 spouse got ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:31 pm

1. Yes, correct form

2. Passport, brp, maintenance fund (I think), two years evidence of cohabitation in both your names.

3. You can fill the form and save. It stay active for around 8 weeks. Submit when ready.

4. Complete the form and questions honestly.

5. Those are the correct links.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Greatexpat
India

Post by Greatexpat » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:15 am

Thank you so much CR001. Really appreciate your help.

I also have the following queries while filling in the PBS dependent application form for extension and would really appreciate if someone can answer the following or some/any of the following as best as they can-

6) There is question in form- 'What is the start date of your current visa/ leave to remain?' Is it the BRP issue date or the 30 day entry visa vignette issue date? The 30 day entry visa is a month later due to some issue made by the UKVI in sending her passport.

7a) For the NHS Medical history queries, should all major and minor details be included including phone consultation from GP?
7b) Can this be used to reject visa if I miss listing some GP visit?
This is something I haven't kept track off as I never expected this question to be asked for immigration but I can try and find out from my wife and answer as best as possible.

8 ) My SOC code when I last applied for Tier 2 extension was not in shortage occupation code but is now a shortage occupation after I got ILR. Should it be considered as being on shortage occupation for my wife's application?

If I submit in the next week, my wife may unlikely get an appointment date before her visa expires (23-08-2021)
9a) Is this okay and she will not be considered an overstayer?
9b) Will she be able to work during the time waiting for appointment and visa result after visa expiry date?

10? Do the below docs look okay as a submission? Please let me know if something is missing?
-Passport and BRP for wife
-BRP for me
+Maintenance docs-
- 90 days bank statement in my or wife's name
- Employment letter from my employer
- My recent payslips for 3 months
+Subsisting relation docs-
- Marriage certificate
- Bank statements in joint names for 1.5 years
- Bank statements in both names for 2 years
- Council tax bill for 2 years in both names
- Utility bill for 2 years - Water
- Separate phone bills with same address
- Tenancy agreement in both names from Aug 2019
- License copy for both with same address
- HMRC letter/ P60 letters for both
- Poll cards/ Election registration letter
- 10-12 Tourist photos with us together

All/any responses will be much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:37 am

6) There is question in form- 'What is the start date of your current visa/ leave to remain?' Is it the BRP issue date or the 30 day entry visa vignette issue date? The 30 day entry visa is a month later due to some issue made by the UKVI in sending her passport.
What was the date on the approval letter.
7a) For the NHS Medical history queries, should all major and minor details be included including phone consultation from GP?
7b) Can this be used to reject visa if I miss listing some GP visit?
This is something I haven't kept track off as I never expected this question to be asked for immigration but I can try and find out from my wife and answer as best as possible.
Ideally yes. No it cannot be a reason for refusal.
8 ) My SOC code when I last applied for Tier 2 extension was not in shortage occupation code but is now a shortage occupation after I got ILR. Should it be considered as being on shortage occupation for my wife's application?
You need to put the details in the form of your last tier 2 CoS.
If I submit in the next week, my wife may unlikely get an appointment date before her visa expires (23-08-2021)
9a) Is this okay and she will not be considered an overstayer?
9b) Will she be able to work during the time waiting for appointment and visa result after visa expiry date?
Date of application is the date you submit and pay online and must be before the visa expires. Biometric appointment does not have to be before expiry date. Yes she can continue working as she will be protected under Section 3C of the immigration rules.
10? Do the below docs look okay as a submission? Please let me know if something is missing?
-Passport and BRP for wife
-BRP for me
+Maintenance docs-
- 90 days bank statement in my or wife's name
- Employment letter from my employer - Not Required
- My recent payslips for 3 months - Not Required
+Subsisting relation docs-
- Marriage certificate
- Bank statements in joint names for 1.5 years
- Bank statements in both names for 2 years
- Council tax bill for 2 years in both names
- Utility bill for 2 years - Water
- Separate phone bills with same address
- Tenancy agreement in both names from Aug 2019
- License copy for both with same address
- HMRC letter/ P60 letters for both
- Poll cards/ Election registration letter
- 10-12 Tourist photos with us together - Not Required
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Greatexpat
India

Post by Greatexpat » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:25 pm

Thank you again CR001 for your prompt and clear answers.

We have 2 approval letters from 06 Feb 2019 and 15 Mar 2019 corresponding to 2 entry vignettes with the same 2 dates for each approval letter. The vignette sticker from Feb was cancelled and the second one issued as by the time the passport was delivered the first entry visa vignette had expired.

The BRP issue date is 16-Feb-2019 based on the first approval letter.

Please let me know which one would be correct for Query 6.