ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bristish nationality registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

claudinha
Newly Registered

Bristish nationality registration

Post by claudinha » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:20 pm

hi:
My partner's son was born in the UK in 2005 : the parents were not married at the time of the child's birth and the father held ILR (he only became Bristish national in 2015). When the kid was born the birth was registered on the sole name of the mother as the father did not appear in in the birth certificate and just only recently the mother has agreed to reregister the birth adding the name of the father on the birth certificate and by signing the Statutory declaration of aknoledgment of parentage. The kids currently lives in Germany and holds Polish passport and wants to join the father in the UK and start living in the UK starting school as soon as possible. Is the kid entitled to register as British citizen? If yes and in the meanwhile will he need a visa (which type?) to enter the UK and start living regularly here? thanks so much

secret.simon

Re: Bristish nationality registration

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:37 pm

If the child was born in the UK and the father had held ILR at the time of the birth of the child, then yes, the child can register as a British citizen on Form UKF.

BUT...
If the father is not named on the original birth certificate and is being added to the birth certificate 16 years after the birth of the child, the Home Office will likely subject the application to extensive scrutiny.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

claudinha
Newly Registered

Post by claudinha » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:27 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply this is somehow reassuring, BTW some years ago the father had filed to court to have the parental responsibility assigned and the court had issued a court order for the mother not leaving UK at that time and previously had tried to arrange mediation with the mother. She never showed up and eventually left UK . I appreciate in a way he has taken other steps in the past for getting closer to his son and if he could he would have reregister the birth much earlier. Thank you!!

claudinha
Newly Registered

Post by claudinha » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:54 pm

Hi.... On the same matter and while we reregister the birth and then apply throu UKF form (finger crossed) I assume the kids has to enter as a tourist.. is that advisable? Will he need a return ticket to show to UK border? Is the return ticket mandatory to prove the tourist status when he enters UK? Is there anything preventing us to start the paperwork if he gets to come to the UK as a tourist while he is here? I understand he might need to leave and renter on a different ground? Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:58 pm

Form UKF can be applied for from abroad. Why not do the entire application from abroad?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

claudinha
Newly Registered

Post by claudinha » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:51 pm

As tough as it can seem ..the mother who the kid live with at the moment doesn't want to be with the kid anymore,,he is 15 and needs the father(bioogical father only so far) to be looking after him and provide for him.. she is going throu mental issues and would not support or guide the kids in the application process..from far away (UK) it will prove more difficult for us to follow up on all the aspects of the application.. and most of all the kid needs to be feeling welcomed by Someone at the minute (the mother got in touch with the father after many years where she was not desclosing her location and alienating the kid from the father) to Tell the father she is now trying to give the kid up to social services stating she has no means to provide for him) ...sad but true :(