ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse and dependant Visa Advise Needed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hope13
Newly Registered

Spouse and dependant Visa Advise Needed

Post by hope13 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:22 pm

Hi all,

I need some advice and hoping someone here can help or direct me to where I can find the information.

I've just successful had my ILR approved, and wondering what to do with husband and two children.

1. Husband's status: Currently on Tier 2 General visa expiring November 2021. We don't want to renew with employer as this ties him down to work for only them. We would like to Switch to my dependant. He will be 10 years in UK in March 2022. What Visa will he use? From gov.uk website it just says Family Visa, but I'm seeing different FLR visa routes here and I'm not sure if this is the old route or if the names are used interchangeably.

2. First daughter: Born in UK 2013, currently on Tier 2 dependant visa expiring November 2021. I've seen that I can register her as British with MN1 form, do I apply for this the same time as hubby switching to spouse/FLR visa, or anytime before November 2021 when her current visa expires.

3. Second daughter: Born in UK 2017, she has no passport or visa for any country, so no official document other than birth certificate. To register her with MN1, would she need a valid passport from birth nationality first before registering as British or are we able to apply without any valid ID document?

4. Husband and first daughter's passport have less than 3 months before expiry. Are we able to apply for visas with these?

Thanks for your anticipated help

hope13
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse and dependant Visa Advise Needed

Post by hope13 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Can anyone advise?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:42 am

1. FLR M spouse visa meeting the financial and English requirements.

2. You can register a UK born child at any time. They don't need a valid visa to do so as they have an entitlement to register once either patent is granted ILR. It is also not an immigration application so irrelevant to your husband's application.

3. No,birth certificate is fine. If she has never held a visa, have you been paying for her NHS use?? Children only get free NHS for the first 3 months after birth if they don't have a visa.

4. Yes fine, they must be valid at the time of application,particularly your husband's.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hope13
Newly Registered

Post by hope13 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:02 pm

Thank you very much @CR001, for your response. We now made the FLR M application.

Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the requirement to pay NHS for my second daughter. The general advise we got was that as long as we were not travelling out of the country, she wasn't mandated to have a visa, so I never applied for one for her.

Are you able to advise on what steps to take now? Am I required to back date and pay for her NHS fees for the last 4 years? Would this affect her application to register as a British citizens?

Many thanks for your help