ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address for MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

savane2

Euss/british citizenship of a baby born in the Uk with pre-settled father and non eu mother

Post by savane2 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:24 pm

Hi everyone,i would really appreciate some advices as i have been searching online for hours with no definite answers.

My child was born in March 2021 to an EU pre-settled father and non eu/british mother.father is meant to be settled in December 2021.he did not link the child on his EU scheme because he didn t know and wanted to register the child when he will be settled in December given the child was born in the Uk and according to section1(3) is entitled to register as a british citizen when 1 parent becomes settled.the child doesn t have an ID as it is very complicated to get her dad's citizenship because she was born out of wedlock.

1)will she still be entitled to register as a british citizen even though she was not linked with her dad's euss?she doesn t have any immigration status right now.

2) is it possible to do a late EUSS for her as we didn t know she had to be linked?

3) if the answer is yes for question 2,as she doesn t have any ID,can we use UK birth certificate as an iD?

Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Euss/british citizenship of a baby born in the Uk with pre-settled father and non eu mother

Post by Obie » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:32 pm

Child does not need to be linked to get registration. He or she can be registered regardless.

Child could obtain mother's citizenship and apply for pre-settlement if you want to.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

savane2

Re: Euss/british citizenship of a baby born in the Uk with pre-settled father and non eu mother

Post by savane2 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:13 am

Thanks Obie for the answer.
Mother is an overstayer.the father will be the one to register the child

Will there be a problem for the father to register his child?
he will be the one to be settled and we are not married nor in a relationship anymore

savane2

Address for MN1

Post by savane2 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:06 pm

Hi everyone.

Please can i get some answers about this.

My child's father would be registering our baby as soon as he get settled status under the Eu scheme in December,i am the mother and i don t have any immigration status as i overstayed my visa.
the baby was born in the Uk in March 2021 but lives with me.the father and i are no more in a relationship and live in different addresses.

My questions are
Would the father be able to register the child as a british citizen even though he doesn't live with the child?
Would he,having a different address from the child be an issue?

Would my illegal status be a problem to register the child?note that the father would be the one with the settled status.

Many thanks

savane2

Re: Address for MN1

Post by savane2 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:27 am

Anyone please???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:56 am

There is no requirement that the parent registering the child and the child live at the same address. Presumably the father is listed on the birth certificate?

Your status is irrelevant to the child's entitlement to register as British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

savane2

Post by savane2 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:03 am

Thanks for the answer.

Yes the father is mentioned on the birth certificate.

Can he use my address to apply as the child lives with me? He might not get the certificate at his address as he lives in a share house and sometimes doesn t find his letters.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:39 am

He needs to out the address in the form of where the child lives. The child is the applicant, not the father
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

savane2

Post by savane2 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:44 am

Okay.thank you very much for the answers